News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Jacksonville Road Meet-February 26, 2022

Started by kevinb1994, September 01, 2018, 02:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Since I’ve Decided to Postpone this Meet, when Should it be Held?

4 (23.5%)
1 (5.9%)
Never
12 (70.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

jpi

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on February 20, 2019, 09:57:48 PM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on February 20, 2019, 08:29:31 AM
That's just something I included in my explanation as that was in the last part of their trip. Not a major factor, but still something I had in mind when canceling the meet.

I feel bad for Gene who made all the arrangements to travel from multiple states away to attend this meet and it ended up getting cancelled at almost the last minute. I'm just concerned that people will be leery to commit to attending a meet that you might host in the future based on this last-minute cancellation. The farther that attendees are coming from, the more arrangements they have to make in terms of booking hotel rooms, putting in time-off requests from work, and so on. Just something to think about for the future.  :spin:
I will be honest, I feel bad for him too, I already have one person committed for my meet who is flying in from the northeast and a handful that are driving 8+ hours so in my case the show is going on weather it is beautiful sunny weather or we could be dodging tornadic storms (it is the mid south in mid April) as for itinerary I have a "rough" itinerary set up but plan to have a more concrete one in the next couple weeks after I do some scouting. Just giving you some advise Kev  ;-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

US71

Quote from: kevinb1994 on February 20, 2019, 10:25:27 PM
That's just something I included in my explanation as that was in the last part of their trip. Not a major factor, but still something I had in mind when canceling the meet.

I feel bad for Gene who made all the arrangements to travel from multiple states away to attend this meet and it ended up getting cancelled at almost the last minute. I'm just concerned that people will be leery to commit to attending a meet that you might host in the future based on this last-minute cancellation. The farther that attendees are coming from, the more arrangements they have to make in terms of booking hotel rooms, putting in time-off requests from work, and so on. Just something to think about for the future.  :spin:

My parents suggested that I cancel this meet primarily due to the fact that I hadn't readied the iteniary in time for the meet.

Say what?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kevinb1994

Quote from: US71 on February 21, 2019, 08:09:16 PM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on February 20, 2019, 10:25:27 PM

My parents suggested that I cancel this meet primarily due to the fact that I hadn't readied the iteniary in time for the meet.

Say what?

I kept having to make edits to the itinerary so that it would be as interesting as possible but I didn't get to finish it in time.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Can we just lock this thread till 2021?
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.