The Golden Gate Bridge, now with ominous sounds

Started by formulanone, June 09, 2020, 08:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

Somewhere between waterphone and theramin?

Apparently, there's a new handrail design that makes lots of noise when the wind kicks up...not surprisingly, not everyone likes it.

https://www.cnet.com/news/san-franciscos-famous-golden-gate-bridge-now-makes-creepy-music/

https://twitter.com/RaemondBW/status/1269110206161547265

Max Rockatansky

I saw that the other day on my Facebook newsfeed.  I'm hoping to get a recording whenever I stop in SF next myself.  It at least gives me an excuse to run the bridge again.  My wife has been talking Redwood National Park a lot lately so that might be part of a near term long weekend trip. 

MCRoads

Now all the dead people that have jumped have a voice!

If you don't get it, the whistling is coming from a new suicide barrier installed this year.
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

sparker

I'll have to check it out sometime when we can again have out-of-town visitors and I have a reason to get up there and out of the car .  Wonder if it's louder than the foghorns!

kernals12

Yet another annoyance to living in San Francisco

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kernals12 on August 31, 2020, 01:30:19 PM

My god, we get it that you hate the San Francisco Bay Area already.  Was it necessary to dig up this thread just to complain some more?

webny99

At least it was only a 1-month bump, instead of a 1-decade bump, like some we've had.
The little red warning that it's an old thread doesn't even appear until 90 days.

kkt

Quote from: kernals12 on August 31, 2020, 01:30:19 PM

Well, you are probably far enough away that you don't have to hear it.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: webny99 on September 02, 2020, 08:48:48 PM
At least it was only a 1-month bump, instead of a 1-decade bump, like some we've had.
The little red warning that it's an old thread doesn't even appear until 90 days.

While that is true, what value was in that post other than to double down on hating the Bay Area?  I'm not the biggest fan myself but I'm not the guy who decided to write a hate manifesto as his opening salvo to the forum.

MCRoads

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 02, 2020, 09:21:14 PM

While that is true, what value was in that post other than to double down on hating the Bay Area?  I'm not the biggest fan myself but I'm not the guy who decided to write a hate manifesto as his opening salvo to the forum.
Just curios as to who that is?
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

kphoger

Quote from: MCRoads on September 04, 2020, 02:31:19 PM

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 02, 2020, 09:21:14 PM

Just curios as to who that is?

I assume it was a reference to this.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.