Roads with the same name as you!

Started by LilianaUwU, October 29, 2021, 06:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErmineNotyours

There's an Arthur Allen Drive in Australia.  He was a World War II general.

index

I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

jp the roadgeek

There is a street with my last name a couple towns away from me.  Heck, there's a town in Kansas with it too.  As for my first name, there's plenty of streets with the plural form of my name.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

DandyDan

There's a Dan Street in Lincoln, NE that I remember.  In my recent 30th anniversary class reunion address listing I have, someone I graduated with lives on Daniel Street in Sun Prairie, WI.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

CNGL-Leudimin

I haven't checked if there are any roads with my given name, but I'm pretty aware of a "city" (more of a village actually) in Minnesota.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

WillWeaverRVA

William Street is a major downtown street in Fredericksburg, VA, not far from where I grew up. VA 3 BUSINESS runs on it.

The only street in Richmond named Weaver is Weaver Court, which is a dead-end residential street.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

frankenroad

My name is Frank Foster, and I found two Frank Foster Roads - one in Merryville, LA, and one in Macon, GA.  Both are fairly short roads.  There was a fairly famous jazz musician named Frank Foster, for whom one or both of these could have been named.  Interestingly, he was originally from Cincinnati, too.

There's a Frank Rd in Columbus (OH-104, exit 104 off I-71).

My hometown of Cincinnati does have both a Frank St and a Foster St, but they are both only 1 block long, and several miles apart.  There is also a small town (crossroads) about 25 miles away named Foster, and there are a couple roads leading to it with Foster in the name (Socialville-Foster Rd, and Foster-Maineville Rd.)

I looked to see if there's any place where there is an intersection of Frank and Foster, and the only one I could find was in Eltham, Victoria, Australia, a suburb of Melbourne.  Unfortunately, the only street sign in Google street view is a single blade of just Foster Rd.
2di's clinched: 44, 66, 68, 71, 72, 74, 78, 83, 84(east), 86(east), 88(east), 96

Highways I've lived on M-43, M-185, US-127

Big John

Bruce

The closest streets with my last name's exact spelling are in Wisconsin and Michigan. I've been to one in Berlin (had to go a bit of out my way to reach it, but it was worth the photo op).

JayhawkCO

I posted about my first name higher up, but it also appears there is a XXXX-straße in Oldenburg, Germany where the XXXX is my last name.

Chris

kurumi

Quote from: jayhawkco on November 02, 2021, 10:36:58 AM
I posted about my first name higher up, but it also appears there is a XXXX-straße in Oldenburg, Germany where the XXXX is my last name.

Chris

Your family name is Einbahn? :-)
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kurumi on November 02, 2021, 11:43:28 AM
Quote from: jayhawkco on November 02, 2021, 10:36:58 AM

Chris

Your family name is Einbahn? :-)

Nope, but about as unique in the U.S.  One quick search shows there are 709 of us in this country.  In 2014, forebear.com shows only 7,115 in the world with most in Germany (and Brazil, so hopefully that means I don't have some scumbag distant relatives).

Chris

michravera

Quote from: LilianaUwU on October 29, 2021, 06:53:04 PM
Basically what the title says.

First off, in my case, there's a few streets named Liliana, such as Liliana Terrace in Oregon, WI and Liliana Way in Pittsville, TX.

My brother, in the last year, sent me a picture of a sign with my mother's family name, a name that I don't ever use except in Latin America.

I thought that I had tripped over a short street with the Piemontese-Italian spelling that I use of my father's family name in Western Italy or Eastern France, possibly near where my great uncle had his church (like, it might just be the name given to the long driveway in front of the church), but, when I looked for it yesterday, I wasn't able to find it. I was able to find at least half a dozen streets in the Francophonic world which use the French spelling of my family name.

Probably one-third of the cities in the Anglophonic world have a street with my wife's father's family name. California even has a city with my wife's mother's family name. A variant spelling is even a fairly large city in California.

My Ex- has a whole region in Italy with her father's family name (and a variant spelling for a whole island in the Caribbean) and even a fairly large city in California with her mother's family name.

LilianaUwU

So I've been rereading this thread and found not one, but two streets named Liliana in Hawaii (one, two), a Liliana Court in California, and at least two Liliana Drives (in New Mexico, in South Carolina).
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Flint1979

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on October 29, 2021, 07:37:49 PM
I actually don't think I've ever seen a Patrick road. I don't have any particularly strong attachment to my name, though, so maybe I saw one and didn't really care.
There's one in Midland, MI. Part of it is a state highway as well (M-20).

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.6122415,-84.2221505,3a,15y,190.94h,94.41t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQqiLTqw50owSajFoHaYkIA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Flint1979

Street in Alma literally starts at Superior as my middle name and ends at Monroe (M-46) as my last name. Funny stuff.

7/8

There's a Daniel Avenue in the NE corner of Kitchener and a Curtis Street in Breslau (right across the river from Kitchener).

michravera

Quote from: LilianaUwU on October 29, 2021, 06:53:04 PM
Basically what the title says.

First off, in my case, there's a few streets named Liliana, such as Liliana Terrace in Oregon, WI and Liliana Way in Pittsville, TX.

There's a fairly short road in the Piemonte near where my great uncle was monsignor with my family name, "Rua Ravera".

I suspect that there are hundreds of roads named "Michael" or "Angelo" or "Miguel" or "Angel" or some combination of these. I think that the traffic circle in front of the mission in California is something like "San Miguel Arcangelo road".

MATraveler128

My name is Peter. In my town, there's a Peter Rd.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

Roadgeekteen

I actually don't think I've ever seen a Patrick road. I don't have any particularly strong attachment to my name, though, so maybe I saw one and didn't really care.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

webny99

I actually drive on a road with my first name somewhat regularly. It's not meant as a through road, but I use it as an alternate to bypass a congested intersection, so fittingly, it does serve a purpose that's somewhat specific to me!

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Come to Sunbury, Ohio then.
https://goo.gl/maps/NUpd6BhSx9QbGF3s5
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

kirbykart

Alexander Street in Rochester. I thought of Alexander Road in Copenhagen originally but there is no Street View there.

webny99

Quote from: kirbykart on March 07, 2023, 04:28:20 PM
Alexander Street in Rochester. I thought of Alexander Road in Copenhagen originally but there is no Street View there.

And it's right downtown, so it actually has some character. Not bad!

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.