News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Do you like phone books?

Started by bandit957, January 05, 2023, 05:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Yamamoto

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 10, 2023, 06:51:20 AM
Quote from: abefroman329 on January 09, 2023, 11:18:23 PM
the tollbooth for the Le Petomaine Thruway

I'm a little surprised people don't make references to this on this forum more often. I had to go look it up (I'm familiar with Blazing Saddles since it's one of my parents' favorite movies, but they never let me actually watch it with them). At some point I should really watch the whole thing.

Some of Richard Pryor's best work,

Otto Yamamoto

I used to love phone books, I travelled a lot so i got to see quite a few of them, those and hotel giudes. I haven't seen a phone book in a few years; they used to be dumped in front of mailboxes in apartments, that hasn't happened at my apartment building since at least 2017. I'd wager someone called 311 to complain, and that was the end of that.

DandyDan

I used to love phone books. When I was a kid in Cottage Grove, MN, the local phone book (meaning the one for Cottage Grove, Woodbury, St. Paul Park and Newport, and not the larger one which included all of St. Paul) would come out every year and you could read not only where everyone lived, but who their kids were, what year they were born, and what employer the dad had. That sounds insane today, but OTOH, you can post your employer on Facebook, so maybe not.

As for current ones, I like the idea of having one, and I'll page through it if I'm bored, but it's mostly just a decoration at this point.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.