News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Why do pick ups with trailers drive like sports car owners?

Started by roadman65, February 22, 2023, 03:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I've noticed lately contractors who own their own businesses and pull a trailer behind their van or pick up, act like they're driving a sports car on roadways lately. Many of them I have found are weaving in and out and showing off their speed as if they were driving a Corvette or Lexus sports models?

I would figure a trailer would slow you down and bruise the ego that makes you drive faster in a sports car. Yet drivers of these I see speed and weave a lot including one this morning zooming through a parking lot.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

GaryV

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Jim

I've come to think that people driving a big pickup truck with a contracting business name stamped on the side believe that this makes them immune to all speed limit and reckless driving enforcement as well as conveying a magic ability to stay under control and not cause accidents even in heavy traffic or on slick roadways.
Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

webny99

Quote from: Jim on February 22, 2023, 04:12:45 PM
I've come to think that people driving a big pickup truck with a contracting business name stamped on the side believe that this makes them immune to all speed limit and reckless driving enforcement as well as conveying a magic ability to stay under control and not cause accidents even in heavy traffic or on slick roadways.

It's either that, or a bumper sticker that says "This Vehicle's Speed is GPS Monitored" and they're going 2 mph under the speed limit in the left lane. There is no in between.

Henry

They're basically glorified 18-wheelers, that's all.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: Henry on February 23, 2023, 10:35:04 AM
They're basically glorified 18-wheelers, that's all.

Isn't it a step down from a full 18 wheeler?
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

kalvado

the difference between salaried employees, hourly employees, those relying on tips, and contractors paid per job are pretty obvious... 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.