News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Canadian Airport Signage

Started by ghYHZ, July 14, 2012, 06:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghYHZ

I'll start.....

Halifax YHZ......and that's YH Zed not Zee!

......And about 37 km north of the city on NS102

The flag below indicates the "Pre-Clearance" departures area for flights to the US. Passengers go through US CBP (Customs and Immigration) in Halifax before boarding and just arrive as a domestic flight in the States.....no further formalities.

Note the bi-lingual signs on airport property but once back on the provincial highway.....English only.

andrepoiy

This is an ancient thread but I think it is within the rules as long as it's on topic right?

I would like to showcase some truly abhorrent signs at Toronto Pearson Airport

hotdogPi

They look fairly typical to me.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

andrepoiy

Quote from: 1 on October 05, 2022, 08:34:38 AM
They look fairly typical to me.

For the first one, the edges are rounded. Also, the "RR 7" pentagon is also rounded and stretched for some reason.

The second one, why is the Terminal sign not even centered when they could have made a centered sign and just moved the sign over? In addition, the RR 7 is again weird, this time with an outline.

The third is the lane ending sign, which for some reason is put behind a blue background (which means directional sign)... Also that arrow wants to make me shoot myself

triplemultiplex

Quote from: ghYHZ on July 14, 2012, 06:16:20 PM

I get a kick out of the fact that, from an American perspective, the English word on the middle sign is more "foreign" than the French word.
:-D
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.