News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Rail bridge on verge of collapse in Kansas

Started by bugo, June 15, 2010, 04:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Truvelo

Is the trestle wooden? I've seen a lot of wooden structures still in use in the US, something I've never seen over here. Ours were replaced fairly early on with more substantial materials.
Speed limits limit life

bugo

Quote from: Truvelo on June 15, 2010, 04:28:04 PM
Is the trestle wooden? I've seen a lot of wooden structures still in use in the US, something I've never seen over here. Ours were replaced fairly early on with more substantial materials.

They showed a picture on CNN, and it appears to be a steel bridge.  It was hard to tell though.

Scott5114

We have been getting a lot of rain in this part of the country, so the Chickaskia was probably running pretty full. From the picture, it looks like the support in the middle of the stream was being washed away when this train was crossing it.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hm insulators

Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

DAL764

codyg1985

I don't mean to bump this, but that could be bridge scour from all of the excess water in the river.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.