News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

General PA Design/Construction News

Started by 74/171FAN, October 12, 2023, 01:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

(For I-180)  PennDOT - District 3 News: Project Resumes Along Interstate 180 in Lycoming County

QuoteMontoursville, PA – Motorists are advised that a two-year roadway project resumes along Interstate 180 eastbound and westbound in Montoursville Borough, and Loyalsock, Fairfield, and Muncy townships in Lycoming County.

On Tuesday, March 19, 2024, the Route 2014 (Broad Street) westbound entrance ramp to Interstate 180 westbound will be closed in Montoursville Borough while the contractor installs new light poles, arms, and luminaries. Work will be performed between the hours of 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM, weather permitting.

Motorists can access Interstate 180 westbound using Broad Street / East Third Street to the Interstate 180 westbound entrance ramp in Loyalsock Township. Motorists should be alert, slow down, expect delays in travel and drive with caution.

Glenn O. Hawbaker is the prime contractor for this $11.4 million highway resurfacing project.  Work in 2023 included mill and resurface of over 13 miles of roadway including entrance and exit ramps at Route 87 and the Fairfield Road interchanges, pavement marking, and epoxy of bridges throughout the work zone. Work in 2024 includes new lighting, guide rail upgrades, and signage. Work on this project is expected to be completed in the summer of 2024.

Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras. 511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following local alerts on X.

Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Tioga, Bradford, Lycoming, Sullivan, Union, Snyder, Northumberland, Montour and Columbia counties at www.penndot.pa.gov/District3.

Information about infrastructure in District 3 including completed work and significant projects, is available at www.penndot.gov/D3Results. Find PennDOT's planned and active construction projects at www.projects.penndot.gov.

Follow PennDOT news on X, Facebook and Instagram.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

(For PA 885)  PennDOT - District 11 News: Boulevard of the Allies to Eastbound I-376 Overnight Ramp Closures Resume Monday Night in Pittsburgh

QuotePittsburgh, PA – PennDOT District 11 is announcing overnight closures of the southbound Route 885 (Boulevard of the Allies) ramp to eastbound I-376 (Parkway East) in the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, will resume Monday night, March 18 weather permitting.

The closure of the southbound (outbound) Route 885 Boulevard of the Allies ramp to eastbound (outbound) I-376 Parkway East will occur as needed nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. through the end of December. Crews will conduct concrete painting operations, bridge repair work, and miscellaneous construction activities. Ramp traffic will be detoured.

Posted Detour

Southbound Route 885 (Boulevard of the Allies) to eastbound (outbound) I-376 (Parkway East)

Continue southbound on the Boulevard of the Allies past the closed ramp

Turn right onto Bates Street

Turn left onto the ramp to East 376 toward Monroeville

End detour

Preservation work on two mainline Route 885 Boulevard of the Allies bridges and several ramps at the interchange are included in this $35.41 million project. Work will include bridge deck repairs and overlays, expansion dam replacements, steel superstructure and substructure repairs, bearing replacements, full painting, concrete substructure repairs, downspout replacements, drainage repairs, signing and pavement parking upgrades and other miscellaneous construction activities. Motorists will encounter short term lane closures, night and weekend closures of the ramps and Route 885 in each direction, weekend lane restrictions, and overnight directional closures of I-376 Parkway East, long-term closures of Forbes Avenue, Brady Street, and ramps at the Birmingham Bridge. Short-term and weeknight lane closures of Second Avenue are also included throughout this multi-year project.

To help keep motorists informed as work progresses, PennDOT has created an email distribution list for Route 885 Boulevard of the Allies traffic advisories and construction updates. Enroll by sending email addresses to stcowan@pa.gov. Please write "Subscribe – Boulevard of the Allies" in the subject line.

Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras.

511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional X alerts accessible on the 511PA website.

Roadgeek2500

Quote from: 74/171FAN on March 14, 2024, 08:22:52 AM
CE Expert System:

District 6:  PA 100 NB approaching US 30

Wow, they're finally shoehorning 5 lanes under the two train overpasses. This should be a big improvement as the merge point from Old PA 100 NB gets backed up frequently.
Quote from: NE2 on December 20, 2013 - DRPA =Derpa

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

PennDOT - District 2 News: Rest Area on I-80 Westbound in Clinton County Closing Temporarily

(For PA 764)  PennDOT - District 9 News: Expect delays along State Route 764, 6th Avenue and 7th Street in Altoona beginning March 25

QuoteHollidaysburg, PA – Starting Monday, March 25, motorists traveling along State Route 764, 6th Avenue and 7th Street in Altoona should expect delays no longer than 15 minutes as the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) begins an intersection improvement project.

The project includes the addition of a 75-foot left-turn lane along 6th Avenue at 7th Street and traffic signal improvements for the proposed left turn lane. Also included are milling and overlay, modifications to lane designations and pavement markings and signing on 6th Street between 7th and Chestnut avenues. The project is estimated at approximately $4,274,000 and is being completed by Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. of State College.

PennDOT encourages motorists, especially those needing to access Chestnut Avenue and UPMC Altoona, to seek alternate routes to help ease congestion during construction.

Beginning June 3, long-term traffic control provisions, including pedestrian and truck detours, will be implemented at the intersection with a left lane closure while work is being performed.

Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras.

511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.

Subscribe to Penndot news in Bedford, Blair, Cambria, Fulton, Huntingdon and Somerset Counties at www.penndot.gov/District9.

Follow local PennDOT information on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAAltoona.

(For US 422)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Construction Continues Next Week on U.S. 422 Improvement Project in Lower Pottsgrove Township

(For PA 441)  PennDOT - District 8 News: Detour to Begin for Route 441 (Water Street) Bridge Replacement in Manor Township, Lancaster County

(For US 15)  PennDOT - District 8 News: Weekend Closure Planned for Pipe Replacement on Route 15 in Adams County

(For US 220)  PennDOT - District 3 News: Route 220 Bridge Improvement Project Continues Next Week in Lycoming County

CE Expert System:

District 5:  US 209 Business over Kettle Creek

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

(For PA 74) PennDOT - District 8 News: Reminder: Bridge Replacement Project to Begin on Route 74 (Waggoners Gap Road) in Spring Township, Perry County

QuoteHarrisburg, PA – This is a reminder that a bridge replacement project is scheduled to begin next week on Route 74 (Waggoners Gap Road) in Spring Township, Perry County. The bridge spans Baken Creek about a half mile south of the intersection with Route 850.

Weather permitting, the bridge is expected to be closed Monday, April 1.

A detour will be in place using Bridgeport Road (Route 3017), Route 233, and Route 274.

This project consists of a bridge replacement and minor roadway reconstruction.

George S. Hann and Son, Inc., of Fort Littleton, PA, is the contractor on this $3,153,882 project. Also included in this contract is the replacement of the bridge spanning Shermans Creek on Hidden Valley Road in Tyrone Township, Perry County.

All work on this contract is expected to be completed by November 1, 2025.

Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras.

511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following local alerts on X.

Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry and York counties at PennDOT District 8.

Information about infrastructure in District 8, including completed work and significant projects, is available at District 8 Results. Find PennDOT's planned and active construction projects at PennDOT Projects.

Find PennDOT news on X, Facebook, and Instagram.

(For PA 462)  PennDOT - District 8 News: PennDOT Announces Project Website Updates, Interim Repairs for Route 462 Veterans Memorial (Columbia-Wrightsville) Bridge

(For PA 72)  PennDOT - District 8 News: Bridge Replacement Project to Begin on Route 72 (Ebenezer Road) in Union and Swatara Townships, Lebanon County

(For PA 885)  PennDOT - District 11 News: Westbound I-376 Ramp to Northbound Boulevard of the Allies Overnight Closures Begin Next Week in Pittsburgh

PennDOT - District 11 News: Shapiro Administration Previews 2024 Construction in the Pittsburgh Region

(For US 422)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Construction Scheduled on Two U.S. 422 Improvement Projects in Montgomery County - 15-minute traffic stoppages planned on U.S. 422 for controlled blasting

(For US 1)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Bridge Construction Planned Next Week on U.S. 1, Rockhill Drive in Bensalem Township

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.