News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

State Traffic Data Viewers

Started by webny99, September 18, 2019, 12:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

Quote from: pianocello on September 19, 2019, 10:20:48 PM
If you're GIS inclined, the FHWA compiles annual Highway Performance Monitoring System shapefiles, which include AADT, among many other things. Link: https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policyinformation/hpms/shapefiles.cfm

Yes, this is the data I've been using for many of my analyses, especially those states where their own GIS data is not easily accessible.

roadfro

Nevada: https://www.nevadadot.com/doing-business/about-ndot/ndot-divisions/planning/traffic-information

Site has links to the annual "Annual Traffic Report" publication (PDFs going back to 2006, with each year's report typically including the last 10 years worth of data).
There's also a link to NDOT's TRINA interactive map.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Could this be listed at the top? Maybe froggie could give us his latest national mao?

debragga

webny99

A threefold bump:

1. To add Louisiana, which I missed previously:
Alabama l Alaska l Arizona l Arkansas l California l Colorado l Connecticut l Delaware l Florida l Georgia l Hawaii l Idaho l Illinois l Indiana l Iowa l Kansas l Kentucky l Louisiana l Maine l Maryland l Massachusetts l Michigan l Minnesota l Mississippi l Missouri l Montana l Nebraska l Nevada l New Hampshire l New Jersey l New Mexico l New York l North Carolina l North Dakota l Ohio l Oklahoma l Oregon l Pennsylvania l Rhode Island l South Carolina l South Dakota l Tennessee l Texas l Utah l Vermont l Virginia l Washington l West Virginia l Wisconsin l Wyoming

2. To agree with this suggestion:
Quote from: 3467 on October 31, 2019, 02:52:10 PM
Could this be listed at the top?

3. And I guess this is as good a place as any: ODOT Traffic Count Database System (TCDS) is the bomb. Much better than than what most other states offer for traffic data viewing. It has several hundred continuous counts (mostly on the interstates) that update within 48 hours, so for example yesterday's data will be viewable tomorrow, and today's data will be visible on Tuesday, etc. This is awesome for threads like the six-laning thread so you can see exactly how short-term events (like weekends/holidays) and long-term events (like the covid pandemic) affect traffic volumes rather than just guessing and making inferences. I wish NY (both NYSDOT and NYSTA) would use this system so I could pore over the data almost in real time.. imagine being able to get that data for roads you've just traveled on that quickly!

Edit: apparently NCDOT, MDOT, and possibly other states use the same platform. BRB just checking out their data from the holiday week/end!

Dirt Roads

WVDOH has revised its AADT mapviewer in recent years.  In addition to AADT, they also show the AADTT (truck traffic): https://gis.transportation.wv.gov/aadt/

vdeane

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

epzik8

From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

webny99

Just added WV, MD, NV, and updated the link for NY. I also filled in some northeastern states to bring us up to 34 of 50 states.

The remaining states are:
AL / AK / AZ / AR / HI / KS / MS / MT / NE / NM / OK / OR / RI / SD / TN / WY

cockroachking

AK is here
AR is here
HI is here (under the "traffic volume" tab at the top)
KS is here

FrCorySticha

cockroachking

AL is here
MS is here
NE is here
OK is here
OR is here
SD is here
TN is here
WY is here

That should leave only AZ, NM, and RI.

webny99

Quote from: cockroachking on July 12, 2023, 12:55:25 PM
That should leave only AZ, NM, and RI.

Thanks! I added the final three. RI does not appear to have anything interactive so it's just a .pdf, but at least it's something.
Here is the final product (also found in the OP). :cheers:

Alabama l Alaska l Arizona l Arkansas l California l Colorado l Connecticut l Delaware l Florida l Georgia l Hawaii l Idaho l Illinois l Indiana l Iowa l Kansas l Kentucky l Louisiana l Maine l Maryland l Massachusetts l Michigan l Minnesota l Mississippi l Missouri l Montana l Nebraska l Nevada l New Hampshire l New Jersey l New Mexico l New York l North Carolina l North Dakota l Ohio l Oklahoma l Oregon l Pennsylvania l Rhode Island l South Carolina l South Dakota l Tennessee l Texas l Utah l Vermont l Virginia l Washington l West Virginia l Wisconsin l Wyoming

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.