Quick question

Started by webny99, January 06, 2018, 04:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

Why is it that the forum statistics show I've started 57 threads, when I've actually started around 73? Are there certain boards where new threads aren't included in your count?

(No schlock please, just related questions, comments, and answers  :biggrin:)

Alps

Who cares about forum statistics?

adventurernumber1

I'm really not trying to be schlocky, but I am genuinely curious as to how you know how many threads you have created if not all of them were overtly shown to you.

:confused:  :confused:

As for the actual question, I have absolutely no idea.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

US71

I don't know where you come up with the number of threads you claim to have started?  Do you keep a scorecard handy?  :hmmm:

It's possible some of the (allegedly) missing threads are in the s#it pile.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hbelkins

Quote from: US71 on January 07, 2018, 12:51:04 PM
I don't know where you come up with the number of threads you claim to have started?  Do you keep a scorecard handy?  :hmmm:

It's possible some of the (allegedly) missing threads are in the s#it pile.

Best I can tell, that's where most of them belong.

Quote from: Alps on January 07, 2018, 01:19:41 AM

Exactly. This guy seems obsessed with them.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

1995hoo

Quote from: Alps on January 07, 2018, 01:19:41 AM

This thread caused me to go look at mine and I found it mildly interesting–solely in the context of this thread, that is–to see the OP says he's started 73 threads since he joined the forum on May 9, 2017 (per his profile), whereas I've started 79 since I joined on April 27, 2011, despite my having made a few more posts than he has. I don't think I should be starting more threads....
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

US71

I can see this discussion going nowhere fast. Unless one of my fellow Moderators would like to add something to this, I think it's time for a lock.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Scott5114

Focus on creating good content, not lots of content. The number of threads you have created doesn't matter. If you're keeping track of it, you're foruming wrong.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.