News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cl94

Quote from: Pete from Boston on February 16, 2016, 09:02:32 PM

Quote from: cl94 on February 16, 2016, 02:11:33 PM
It's nuts here. It's a full 60 degrees warmer than it was less than 3 days ago. Pouring rain.

63-degree swing here in 2-1/2 days.  First day without full long underwear in weeks.

I think mine was officially between 65 and 70. Don't know the actual low Saturday night, but we got up to 56 today.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

ET21

27 now, on the way to 60 degrees tomorrow amid 40-55 mph winds between now and tomorrow evening
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

paulthemapguy

Quote from: ET21 on February 18, 2016, 09:58:41 AM
27 now, on the way to 60 degrees tomorrow amid 40-55 mph winds between now and tomorrow evening

I know right?  It's like mother nature is installing a giant blow dryer, except the heated air blowing in is just the air already sitting in the Desert Southwest.  I'll take it!
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

freebrickproductions

Here in Huntsville, AL, right now at 1:08 PM CST, it is currently sunny with a temperature outside of 57°F with a high of 61°F.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

wolfiefrick

Currently in St. Louis, Missouri, it's 15:45 CST with sunny with a few clouds and a temperature of 55° F. The low tonight is 40° and the high tomorrow is 75°!

noelbotevera

For the weekend, the peak temperature is roughly 52 degrees here until next week kicks in. I'm so jealous for all of you, I have to put up with cold weather until it becomes early-mid April.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

JMoses24

41 and partly cloudy here at the moment. Headed for 60 tomorrow and middle 60's on Saturday (this past Sunday we had 3-5" of snow...figure THAT out!).

Desert Man

This month (Feb 2016) was too warm for about 2 weeks in the western US, in fact the high in Palm Desert was 94 two days ago....and the meteorologists predicted this is the peak of a cool, rainy El Nino winter. :-/ What happened?
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

freebrickproductions

Sunny today here in Huntsville, AL with a low of 42°F and a high or 68°F. The current temperature is 61°F
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

wolfiefrick

Current temperature is 73° here in St. Louis, with a local time of 12:48 CST.  The high is 77° and there are just a few wispy clouds with plenty of sun! It's gorgeous here!

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Desert Man on February 18, 2016, 07:52:18 PM
This month (Feb 2016) was too warm for about 2 weeks in the western US, in fact the high in Palm Desert was 94 two days ago....and the meteorologists predicted this is the peak of a cool, rainy El Nino winter. :-/ What happened?

I haven't heard the term El Nino since January when the eastern US suddenly got cold and stormy with a lot of snow (although some areas of New England are below average), which was the exact opposite of what they kept claiming would happen.

triplemultiplex

50 degree temps and high winds have scuttled my weekend ice fishing plans on the Madison chain.  Figures; just when I finally get all my gear moved down.
I can't imagine there will be much snow left on the ground by Monday.  Just dirty snowbanks next to parking lots.

El Nino is in full effect for Wisconsin this winter.  El Nino = wussy winters for us and this year has been exactly that.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

cl94

Around freezing now, snow expected tonight, then up to 50 tomorrow. The front that's about to pass through is giving me a wicked headache.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

ET21

We had 60-70 mph non-thunderstorm wind gusts yesterday and hit 65 degrees. Today: Sunny, less windy, 60 degrees  :biggrin:
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

TravelingBethelite

We are set for a lovely day, with mostly sunny skies and temps in the upper 50s. Hafta admit, little strange for mid-February, but hey, we're "warm" with it. Heh.  :bigass:  :cool:  :)
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

wolfiefrick

54° and clear skies here in University City, with a high of 60° and a low tonight forecast for 35°. Sunny skies, sweater weather. Typical spring in St. Louis.

Takumi

64° and storming. Tornado warnings have been all around me this evening but not for my exact area.

Edit: just heard the sirens. Severe thunderstorm warning, apparently.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

wolfiefrick

Went from 77° and very sunny and awesome out two days ago to 28° and very snowy today. St Louis' mother nature is messed up.

SignGeek101

Not too bad here for now. Temps should get over the freezing point again Friday, and it may get sunny. A fair amount of snow on Sunday (Alberta Clipper), then it's back into the deep freeze next week.

wanderer2575

All quiet on the western front -- that is, in Farmington Hills MI (northwest Detroit suburbs).  An inch or three of snow earlier today, depending on exactly where you were, followed by some rain.  The Wednesday evening rush hour commute wasn't bad at all.  30 degrees and roads are clear around here right now.  But more inches are coming and lots of schools have already announced they will be closed Thursday.

Can't believe I was in shorts and dayhiking through the woods just four days ago.

Rothman

46°F right now, spotty rain.

High of 28°F for tomorrow.

High of 58°F on Sunday.

Winter is so drunk.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

KEVIN_224

Connecticut was all sorts of crazy last night. Some towns jumped up 20 degrees in an hour or less. There was an unconfirmed wind gust of hurricane strength in Glastonbury, to the southeast of Hartford. A few other towns reported gusts up to near 60. At least 30,000 people lost their power, including at my mother's place in southern Hartford County.  :-o

I was in Portland, ME and woke up at 4 AM. A thunderstorm with a strong south wind was in progress. The lone rumble I think I heard (I was still half asleep for a bit) was around 3:55 AM.

It's a mix of sun and clouds here in Worcester, MA, along with a stiff wind. I'm stopped at the city's Peter Pan/Greyhound/MBTA bus/train station.

cl94

Quote from: Rothman on February 25, 2016, 10:18:01 AM
46°F right now, spotty rain.

High of 28°F for tomorrow.

High of 58°F on Sunday.

Winter is so drunk.

Joke at RPI is that the institute president broke the weather machine

TravelingBethelite

Next few days for me: Cold. Slightly less cold. Goodbye Winter. What's the season before spring? We're not in that. Water from the sky.
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

SignGeek101

3 C (38 F) and sunny today. Snow's melting. This might be the warmest day of 2016 yet. Though, that's all going to change tomorrow night.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.