News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Not a Meet, But I Will Be Discussing Roads

Started by PAHighways, February 27, 2012, 05:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAHighways

I will be giving a presentation on the history of Pennsylvania's highway system, from the Lincoln Highway era all the way to the present, Sunday, March 11 beginning at 2 PM.  The presentation will be held at the Lincoln Highway Experience, the headquarters for the Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor, at 3435 Route 30 East (a.k.a. the Lincoln Highway) in Latrobe, PA.  Refreshments will be provided.

Due to limited seating in the auditorium, advanced reservations are required which can be made through the LHHC's website or by calling 724-879-4241.  Admission is $10/person for non-LHHC members and $7/person for Friends of the Lincoln Highway.

hbelkins

Break a leg, Jeff. Who knows, maybe I'll buy a ticket and jump in the vehicle and make a roadtrip that day...

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

Can you give another presentation at the other end of Pennsylvania?

PAHighways

If there is a historical society or other organization over there that would want me to do one, I'd gladly drive over.

US71

Quote from: PAHighways on February 28, 2012, 12:49:52 PM
If there is a historical society or other organization over there that would want me to do one, I'd gladly drive over.

Maybe you post your notes somewhere for those of us who can't make it?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

PAHighways

I don't use notes, but I might upload the PowerPoint presentation to my site.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.