News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Road Meets Site

Started by Pete, January 01, 2013, 09:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

For the first time in a couple of years, I've updated the road meets site:

http://www.gribblenation.net/meetings/

This is the last update to the site that I plan to do, for a variety of reasons:

* I don't spend too much time on this hobby anymore. I've only been to 2 meetings since I moved to Baltimore in 2007, and both were less than an hour drive
* As a married homeowner working more than 40 hours a week (as a transportation engineer), I have a lot less free time than when I was a single student living in an apartment.
* Meets have become much more common than when I started the site, and they tend to get pretty well documented on Facebook and the AARoads forum. Speaking of the AARoads Forum, it seems like a lot of the old misc.transport.road posters have migrated there and I plan to start reading it and occasionally posting.

Is anyone interested in taking over this site and maintaining it? It could be moved to your own domain or remain on Gribblenation.

Finally, thanks to the folks at Gribblenation for hosting for the last 5 years.

Happy New Year!
Pete

Alps

I keep track of all of the meets I've been to with my own writeup (usually the route to and from the meet, plus everything touched on the meet and a meet photo). So I'll have to decline, but your resource has been great to see some of the earlier meets! Maybe you could just memorialize it as meetings from a certain time period.

Road Hog

Better than "Road Meets Face." :-P :-P

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.