News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Mid-South Highway Photo Requests

Started by mcdonaat, August 07, 2012, 07:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcdonaat

I thought that if anyone has a photo request that they would love to fulfill themselves, but can't due to being away and the item being of an urgent manner or personal request, it could be posted here. It's a regional topic, and would be best suited under Mid-South to keep out requests from Maine or Washington!

I have a few of my own that are somewhat urgent: LA 3's bridge over the railroad near Benton (built in the 1930's, most likely has State Route 10 and St. Louis Southwestern Railway stamped into the ends of the bridge), and US 84 over the Sabine (probably either has US 84 stamped, or State Route 9, along with a date or Sabine River). I'm willing to shoot any photos from the Baton Rouge area, from I-49 to I-55, and Old River structure south to Laplace and US 90.

cenlaroads

Man, I just crossed the US 84 bridge at Logansport a couple of months ago, but didn't get any pictures.  Somebody should, since it has only a few years left at most.  I have some bad pictures of the old US 84 swing span at Jonesville, but I can't get them right now.  They were taken in the week before it was demolished, and I couldn't find a very good place to take pictures.  The bridge was in the open position for marine traffic, since the new bridge had been completed.

mcdonaat

Years?? Try months. 021-01-0004 is the project number for the replacement of the US 84 bridge; Alternative 5 is for a four-lane bridge and roadway through Logansport, which would probably help the community out. I could seriously see US 84 four-laned at least to I-49, providing a connector for I-69 to I-49.

cenlaroads

Yes, the project will be let in December and probably awarded in January, but it will probably take at least two years to complete the new bridge and approaches.  It will be a little while longer before they demolish the old bridge.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.