News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Guess the speed limit challenge

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 09, 2021, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JREwing78

jon12791

algorerhythms

CovalenceSTU

algorerhythms

Yes. That is Avenida Boa Viagem, in Recife, Brazil. The Google Maps image is from last year. When I was there in 2010 there was much less traffic than you see on Google Maps, and they had just converted it from two way traffic to one way traffic. I didn't know this, and got worried when the taxi driver crossed the double yellow line and started driving on the wrong side of the road...

CovalenceSTU

kirbykart

JREwing78

CovalenceSTU

Sapphuby

sprjus4

CovalenceSTU

CovalenceSTU

Since it's been a few days:

mph

Shedingtonian

Fictional maps, road signs, video game projects... Visit Shedingtonian's Virtual Dump,
and read the blog to keep up to date with what's going on with me.

And yes, I'm still studying civil engineering.

CovalenceSTU

Sapphuby

This looks like a minor city road, I'm going with 25 mph.

CovalenceSTU

Quote from: Sapphuby on June 08, 2023, 02:34:42 PM
This looks like a minor city road, I'm going with 25 mph.
It's not 25 but it is a minor downtown road.

MATraveler128

Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

CovalenceSTU

Incorrect guesses: 20, 25, 30

Shedingtonian

Fictional maps, road signs, video game projects... Visit Shedingtonian's Virtual Dump,

CovalenceSTU

Sapphuby

I knew it had to have been 15 mph once 20, 25, and 30 were all exhausted, and at the extreme, it had to have been 10 mph if it wasn't 15, since 35 is just not safe down that narrow road. Nice!

Shedingtonian

Quote from: Sapphuby on June 09, 2023, 10:14:11 PM
I knew it had to have been 15 mph once 20, 25, and 30 were all exhausted, and at the extreme, it had to have been 10 mph if it wasn't 15, since 35 is just not safe down that narrow road. Nice!

I was going to say 15 MPH straight away, but I thought "nah, that being the US it's probably not that low". I shouldn't have thought that, haha.

Anyhow, here's my image to see if anyone can guess. It's a KM/H speed limit that ends in 0, but I'll accept guesses in MPH and translate them accordingly.

jon12791

50 km/h

Quote from: Shedingtonian on June 10, 2023, 05:32:28 AM
Quote from: Sapphuby on June 09, 2023, 10:14:11 PM

I was going to say 15 MPH straight away, but I thought "nah, that being the US it's probably not that low". I shouldn't have thought that, haha.

Anyhow, here's my image to see if anyone can guess. It's a KM/H speed limit that ends in 0, but I'll accept guesses in MPH and translate them accordingly.

Sapphuby

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.