News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Highway Robbery

Started by US71, April 05, 2012, 09:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Someone on e-bay is selling an Arkansas I-40 shield .  Starting bid $25, buy it now $60. That isn't a bad deal until you see he's charging $75 for "Economy Shipping" . Is he serious?  :pan:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

agentsteel53

Quote from: US71 on April 05, 2012, 09:21:56 AM
Someone on e-bay is selling an Arkansas I-40 shield .  Starting bid $25, buy it now $60. That isn't a bad deal until you see he's charging $75 for "Economy Shipping" . Is he serious?  :pan:

no.

from the auction:
"Shipping cost" is purposefully set wrong at a flat (ridiculous!) $75, simply to avoid dealing with the often wildly incorrect "eBay shipping calculator" and also because I usually do not pack items (thus to be able to accurately estimate costs) until an actual bid is received.  WINNING BIDDER should please wait for an accurate invoice from me,  before sending any payment.  This item will likely be shipped via USPS Parcel Post. (though other methods/options are available, if desired)

THE REAL SHIPPING COST will be my ACTUAL shipping cost, plus ~$7 just to cover my time/materials involved.  (as I sell stuff to make extra money here, not shipping?!!)   I always strive to pack all items carefully for safe shipment no matter the carrier, and use recycled packing materials when available.  I will gladly combine shipping for winners of multiple items when possible.

I can understand the frustration - I too sometimes get wildly inaccurate estimates, usually on the side of being far too low.  I've taken to overstating the weight of my signs by about two pounds, and statistically it comes out that I am not making any money on shipping, but most individual buyers get overcharged about a dollar or two, while an occasional buyer gets a bargain.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.