News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Texas: Collin County Decomissioned State Highways List

Started by Brian556, February 01, 2015, 11:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

I made a new topic for this because: 1). The old topic had strayed beyond Collin County. 2).The decomissionings have occurred in cities other than Plano.

The decomissionings just keep coming; the latest being in 2014, where a portion of FM 543 was decommissioned, and a remaining portion was designated Spur 195.

FM 3412 was decommissioned in 2008, but new signs were installed for it in 2011 when FM 1378 was rebuilt.
FM 1378 from FM 544 up to FM 2551 was decommissioned in 2012. GSV shows signs on FM 544 saying "TO 1378 -->, but the reassurance sign remaining N of FM 544.

Here is the Decommissioned Collin County State Highways List:

Road Hog

FM 543 is still signed as such to Weston. They did do some reconstruction last year in the area of the new Trinity Falls subdivision as well as the US 75 interchange where they converted a curve to a T intersection and rerouted traffic on new boulevards, but it's still FM 543 on both the Weston end and the SH 5 end. Odd that they'd redesignate the part in the middle.

Brian556

Found another one that I had missed. FM 3485 in Lucas. Designated 1987, don't know when built, decommissioned 2003.

dfwmapper

Newly commissioned in Collin County, US 5, at least if you believe the sign on southbound US 75 in McKinney. I think it was at the Eldorado/SH 121 exit.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.