News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Lane Ends Symbol Signs Return To Texas Highways

Started by Brian556, January 31, 2016, 06:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

In the 2000's, the lane ends symbol sign was removed from the Texas MUTCD, so only worded signs could be used. In my opinion, this was the dumbest thing ever done. Well, it looks like somebody else agreed with me, and they have returned to the Texas MUTCD, of course with the broken line added.

kkt

Quote from: Brian556 on January 31, 2016, 06:47:38 PM
In my opinion, this was the dumbest thing ever done.

Not, like, invading Russia?

Brian556

DJStephens

In the 2000's, the lane ends symbol sign was removed from the Texas MUTCD, so only worded signs could be used. In my opinion, this was the dumbest thing ever done. Well, it looks like somebody else agreed with me, and they have returned to the Texas MUTCD, of course with the broken line added.

Like it or not, with the ever increasing numbers of non or limited English speakers - especially in a place such as Texas, why in the heck would they (MUTCD) pull a stunt like that?? 

cl94

Quote from: DJStephens on February 26, 2016, 02:52:05 AM

Like it or not, with the ever increasing numbers of non or limited English speakers - especially in a place such as Texas, why in the heck would they (MUTCD) pull a stunt like that??

Because it's Texas. This is the state where they're trying to make it so creationism is taught in schools.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

jakeroot

This ingenious sign (below) was also was pulled from the MUTCD, this time nationally. Apparently too ambiguous?

Even if the difference between "Narrow Road" and "Narrow Bridge" was hard to make out, the point was still made: the road will be narrow ahead.

US71

Quote from: jakeroot on February 26, 2016, 01:34:48 PM

This ingenious sign (below) was also was pulled from the MUTCD, this time nationally. Apparently too ambiguous?

Even if the difference between "Narrow Road" and "Narrow Bridge" was hard to make out, the point was still made: the road will be narrow ahead.

I figured it out the first time I saw it. Maybe there should be an IQ test for drivers.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.