Route numberings with leading zeroes

Started by index, December 28, 2019, 11:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

index

The only ones I know of are in Leon County, FL, such as CR 0344 (Orchard Pond Pkwy) and the rest of their 03xx series, as well as some of American Samoa's highways (e.g. 001, 005). Are there any other routes with leading zeroes?
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

TheGrassGuy

I don't know of any others in the U.S, but in certain provinces of China, there are provincial expressways numbered as S01, S02, etc. instead of the usual S1, S2, etc.
If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: TheGrassGuy on January 03, 2020, 09:45:07 AM
in certain provinces of China, there are provincial expressways numbered as S01, S02, etc. instead of the usual S1, S2, etc.

I bet there's one or two in the Hundred Acre Wood as well.

formulanone

There's a few counties in central Alabama with leading zeroes in their county road system.

Chambers County has a few; some of the "single-digit" routes have a single leading zero, others have two on the same route:

Talladega County:

There's a few places in the western half of Florida's panhandle, which feature 4-digit county routes with leading zeros, which are different routes than those without leading zeros. It's not just Leon County...Walton County has a habit of boring signs like this:

The four-digit county route trend hasn't really caught on to much of Florida, though there's a few places that use them. They typically keep in the same "bands" as the rest of the state route system (for example, CR 4nnn routes in the SR 400s area, along with other CR 400s). I suppose the CR 0nnn use that to prevent duplication, since there's a lot of deprecated routes in that area.

Mapmikey

The Virginia F-route series uses leading zeroes.  Here is GMSV of F-007 - https://goo.gl/maps/rYfPvgvpJathMafF6

I know of 3 examples of regular Virginia primary routes with a leading zero in the posting but I consider these to be errors:

US 11 in Troutville - https://goo.gl/maps/ZxBcxSR1S5BxFeb27

US 29 has these VA 006 shields

VA 43 in Eagle Rock

vdeane

Quote from: formulanone on January 03, 2020, 10:12:19 AM
There's a few counties in central Alabama with leading zeroes in their county road system.

Chambers County has a few; some of the "single-digit" routes have a single leading zero, others have two on the same route:

Was someone in the county highway department a Bond fan?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

CNGL-Leudimin

In theory, the E-road netwrok. But in practice signage is very inconsistent, I've seen both E7 and E07. AFAIK, E007 (which is a completely different route out in Kyrgyzstan, unrelated to the trans-Pyrenean E07) is not signed, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being signed as E7 too. Fortunately the routes are thousands of miles apart.
Quote from: TheGrassGuy on January 03, 2020, 09:45:07 AM
I don't know of any others in the U.S, but in certain provinces of China, there are provincial expressways numbered as S01, S02, etc. instead of the usual S1, S2, etc.

In addition the auxiliary routes of the radials out of Beijing (those numbered GX) have a leading zero to make them four digits, as otherwise some would clash with regular National Highways (for example G0111 vs G111).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.