News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Interstates that Barely enter a county or come close to but not enter

Started by roadman65, May 22, 2021, 10:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: dvferyance on August 07, 2021, 10:32:11 AM
Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on May 23, 2021, 04:35:44 PM
Hendricks County on I-65 in Indiana. Enters the county, but there is no interchange.
Same with Jasper County in NW Indiana. Although if you were to exit at the famous Exit 220 for Fair Oaks Farms while the interchange itself is in Newton County Fair Oaks is in Jasper County.

You have that reversed. Newton is the county that contains Fair Oaks farms and a short segment of I-65 but no interchanges. Jasper County has interchanges for IN 10, IN 14, IN 114, and two interchanges with US 231.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

jlam

I-49, when completed, will barely clip Bowie County, Texas, and just Texas in general.

LM117

Now that it's official according to the AASHTO spring 2021 thread, I-587 in NC dips into the northern corner of Greene County.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

JCinSummerfield

Quote from: GaryV on May 23, 2021, 07:13:00 AM
I 80/90 misses St Joseph County, MI, by about 1/2 mile.   :-D

Going across from Toledo, OH to Gary, IN, it doesn't wander too far away from the Michigan line, and the southernmost tier of counties.  In some places, it's measured in yards or feet, not miles.

dvferyance

Quote from: cabiness42 on August 07, 2021, 11:11:19 AM
Hendricks County on I-65 in Indiana. Enters the county, but there is no interchange.
Same with Jasper County in NW Indiana. Although if you were to exit at the famous Exit 220 for Fair Oaks Farms while the interchange itself is in Newton County Fair Oaks is in Jasper County.

You have that reversed. Newton is the county that contains Fair Oaks farms and a short segment of I-65 but no interchanges. Jasper County has interchanges for IN 10, IN 14, IN 114, and two interchanges with US 231.
Your right but the overall idea still stands. Fair Oaks is such a popular stop it's often advertised on the INdot maps. Although not an interstate but as been discussed as a potential future one WI-29 briefly enters Outagamie County before reentering Brown County.

on_wisconsin

I-35 is only in Washington County, MN for around 3 miles and down in Iowa it comes within 530 ft of Madison Co.
I-94 comes in/ around a mile from Adams County, WI.
"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

mgk920

Quote from: dvferyance on August 12, 2021, 12:01:56 PM
Quote from: cabiness42 on August 07, 2021, 11:11:19 AM

Your right but the overall idea still stands. Fair Oaks is such a popular stop it's often advertised on the INdot maps. Although not an interstate but as been discussed as a potential future one WI-29 briefly enters Outagamie County before reentering Brown County.

WI 29 ticks the NE corner of Outagamie County, WI.  In fact, before the interchange for the NW WI 29/32 split was completed 20-25 years or so ago, its presence in Outagamie County was nearly twice as long.

:-P

Mike

hbelkins

In skimming county maps for my upcoming trip, I saw that US 2 appears to run right along a county boundary in either Minnesota or North Dakota (I think the former, but not positive.) I wonder how accurate the mapping is.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.