Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

California SR 42 signs on La Cienega Blvd., Inglewood

(1/5) > >>

M3100:
California SR 42 (Manchester Blvd) was decommissioned some years back, however two signs remain in Inglewood, where La Cienega Blvd. bridges over I-405.  There are two BGS in the southbound lanes on the bridge; see pics attached.

The La Cienega pictures are from October 2021; the overhead picture is from November 2021.

This general location can also be seen, here facing north from a plane approaching LAX. 
La Cienega is the roadway heading away from the camera; it divides into separate bridges to cross over I-405. 
The roadway that crosses left to right in the foreground is Florence Ave.
Manchester Blvd. is out of the frame, below the lower edge of the picture.

bing101:

--- Quote from: M3100 on November 25, 2021, 06:39:05 PM ---California SR 42 (Manchester Blvd) was decommissioned some years back, however two signs remain in Inglewood, where La Cienega Blvd. bridges over I-405.  There are two BGS in the southbound lanes on the bridge; see pics attached.

The La Cienega pictures are from October 2021; the overhead picture is from November 2021.

This general location can also be seen, here facing north from a plane approaching LAX. 
La Cienega is the roadway heading away from the camera; it divides into separate bridges to cross over I-405. 
The roadway that crosses left to right in the foreground is Florence Ave.
Manchester Blvd. is out of the frame, below the lower edge of the picture.

--- End quote ---
These signs at this point have to be in city control. Caltrans no longer has control of these signs ever since they decommissioned CA-42 and La Cinega BLVD. Note La Cinega BLVD was originally supposed to be an extension of CA-170.

Max Rockatansky:
Those are pretty cool.  I tried to find some CA 42 signage when I went to a Rams game last month but had no luck.

Alps:
Yeah I'm angry I didn't know about these when I clinched former 42.

Max Rockatansky:

--- Quote from: Alps on November 25, 2021, 08:38:27 PM ---Yeah I'm angry I didn't know about these when I clinched former 42.

--- End quote ---

Imagine how I felt knowing the general idea of where they were but traffic control leaving a game not permitting me to reach them.   :-/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version