News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Incomplete Routes Deserving Completion

Started by theroadwayone, September 26, 2017, 08:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvferyance

Quote from: mgk920 on October 03, 2017, 10:44:58 AM
The north end of the Taconic State Parkway in New York?

Here in Wisconsin, I would say:

- I/WI-794 Lake Freeway/Parkway southward to at least WI 33 at the Kenosha-Racine County line.
- WI 11 eastward from Brodhead to at least I-39/90.
- US 51 freeway/expressway to the north end of the Lakeland (Minocqua/Woodruff) area.
- US 12 from Madison to Elkhorn.
- WI 21 bypass of Omro.

Mike
As far as the first one goes WI 33 is north of Milwaukee so this extension dosen't even make sense. WI 11 already exist between Brodhead and Janesville. The third one was the one I brought up. Upgrade US 51 to a full freeway to US 8 and extend I-39. From there to Woodruf widen US 51 to four lane but not a full freeway. I don't think the last 2 are all that needed. I would like to see the Lake Parkway upgraded to a freeway but I think it's fine where it ends.

D-Dey65

Quote from: froggie on October 09, 2017, 03:46:08 PMWhy?
Oh gee, um... reconnecting 331 to it's parent route? Yeah, that's it.

And I thought this was about all routes that were incomplete, not just proposed limited-access highways.

inkyatari

I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Joe The Dragon

Palatine Road (junior expressway to full expressway)

IL-53 + IL-120

kphoger

Elgin—O'Hare Expressway.

And don't tell me it's in the works.  It still won't reach Elgin.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Joe The Dragon

Quote from: kphoger on October 11, 2017, 04:11:44 PM
Elgin—O'Hare Expressway.

And don't tell me it's in the works.  It still won't reach Elgin.
well if they can do the next small part with no stop lights maybe just maybe they can half ass it and make us-20 RIRO

mgk920

Quote from: Joe The Dragon on October 11, 2017, 03:59:42 PM
Palatine Road (junior expressway to full expressway)

IL-53 + IL-120

Not to the Wisconsin state line at Richmond?

Mike

Revive 755

Quote from: dvferyance on October 09, 2017, 04:18:29 PM

- I/WI-794 Lake Freeway/Parkway southward to at least WI 33 at the Kenosha-Racine County line.
- US 51 freeway/expressway to the north end of the Lakeland (Minocqua/Woodruff) area.
- WI 21 bypass of Omro.

Mike
As far as the first one goes WI 33 is north of Milwaukee so this extension dosen't even make sense. WI 11 already exist between Brodhead and Janesville. The third one was the one I brought up. Upgrade US 51 to a full freeway to US 8 and extend I-39. From there to Woodruf widen US 51 to four lane but not a full freeway. I don't think the last 2 are all that needed. I would like to see the Lake Parkway upgraded to a freeway but I think it's fine where it ends.

US 12 is needed.  I-39/I-90 will be better after the widening is finished, but given the size of Chicagoland and the amount of growth around Madison, there needs to be another corridor/option for getting between the two - which even if the route into Illinois is never completed, would be provided via the WI 50 corridor over to Kenosha.  Plus there's all the safety issues with current US 12 north of Elkhorn.

mgk920

Quote from: dvferyance on October 09, 2017, 04:18:29 PM

- WI 21 bypass of Omro.

Mike

Brainfart at the time, I meant WI 31, not WI 33.

:spin:

Mike

ftballfan

The gap in the US-127 freeway between Ithaca and St. Johns. At least it's four lane divided (with an interchange already built at M-57)

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: ftballfan on November 20, 2017, 11:52:03 AM
The gap in the US-127 freeway between Ithaca and St. Johns. At least it's four lane divided (with an interchange already built at M-57)

It's so lightly populated up there that it would be some major overkill.  When I lived in DeWitt I was surprised at how people really wanted the US 127 freeway north of I-69.  US 27 from I-69 to St. John's never seemed to me to adequate when I drove it.  Really the only thing that was probably necessary was a bypass of St Johns around the east side of town.

Finrod

Connecting Georgia 400 and I-675 like the original design of Atlanta expressways had it.
Internet member since 1987.

Hate speech is a nonsense concept; the truth is hate speech to those that hate the truth.

People who use their free speech to try to silence others' free speech are dangerous fools.

roadgeek

I always hated the idea of US-2 being discontinuous...not really sure how that came to be.
My Road Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadgeek31/

Keep checking back for updates!

sparker

CA 138 as a freeway east from the completed I-5 "stub/ramps" to at least CA 14.  Palmdale/Lancaster combined has a population near 350K; a freeway connection to I-5 would not only be appropriate for that area in and of itself, but as a connection to the proposed Palmdale-Victorville corridor.  While not particularly direct, such combined facilities (CA 14 would be easily expanded by median lanes) would, in the long haul, help to divert traffic destined for or originating in the "Inland Empire" or other areas east of L.A. metro away from the L.A. basin itself. 

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: roadgeek on November 22, 2017, 03:07:51 PM
I always hated the idea of US-2 being discontinuous...not really sure how that came to be.

I thought I had heard early on it was "signed" through Canada to connect the sections, but it didn't last long. Then later the eastern terminus of the western 2 was cut back some time after I-75 was finished in the UP anyway.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 22, 2017, 03:59:53 PM
Quote from: roadgeek on November 22, 2017, 03:07:51 PM

I thought I had heard early on it was "signed" through Canada to connect the sections, but it didn't last long. Then later the eastern terminus of the western 2 was cut back some time after I-75 was finished in the UP anyway.
How? Real signs or just on paper?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.