News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Beautiful Interstate or Limited Access Highways

Started by seicer, November 02, 2017, 10:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milbfan

I-5 around the 520 interchange in Seattle, when you're heading south.  Just seemed cool.  Then again, I found how downtown was kinda built up with the freeway to be interesting.

I-40 between Newport and Asheville.  Lots of scenery

I-77 around Fancy Gap/US-52.  Take 52 sometime heading north into Fancy Gap.  It's cool to see just how high up I-77 is. 

US 421 between I-77 and N. Wilkesboro, as you head west.  You start seeing the scenery of the mountains further west.

Shout-out to the Blue Ridge Parkway, especially west/south of Asheville to its end in Cherokee.

oscar

kphoger mentioned a Mexican highway on page 2, but let's expand on that to cover other non-U.S. highways.

My candidates from Canada:

BC 5 between Hope and Kamloops

TCH 1 in Alberta through Banff National Park
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

ftballfan

The ones that come to mind in Michigan:
US-31 north of Muskegon and US-131 north of Howard City
I-196 (especially eastbound) coming into Grand Rapids

Henry

I-90/I-94 (Dan Ryan/Kennedy Expressways) through Chicago comes to mind, and also, I-75/I-85 (the Downtown Connector) through Atlanta. You can see the skyline almost immediately while driving on them.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

mgk920

For Chicago, I agree on the I-90 and I-94 approaches to the downtown area.  Also US 41 (Lake Shore Drive).

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.