News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Illinois notes

Started by mgk920, September 12, 2012, 02:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The cost I last saw were 20 million Delhi
150 million Jerseyville
70 million Beardstown
15 Million Monmouth.

edwaleni

https://idot.illinois.gov/projects/Maps/us-67-corridor-map

US 67 Corridor
Jerseyville Bypass to Godfrey
This 11-mile section begins near Crystal Lake Road and concludes just north of Illinois 111. During Phase II engineering, the contract plans will be broken into smaller, constructible sections. Engineering for contract plans, land acquisition, utility adjustments, demolition, construction of bridges and roadway are under way at a cost of $80.9 million. Continuation of utility adjustments, land acquisition and contract plans from Crystal Lake Road to south of the Delhi Bypass are programmed during FY  2015 - 2019 at a cost of  $47.1 million. Construction of two new bridges, a bridge widening and 1.5 miles of 4 lane expressway from south of the Delhi Bypass to Madison/Jersey County line are underway at a cost of $26.3 million. The Illinois Jobs Now! program is funding the continuation of contract plans, land acquisition, utility adjustments, and construction work from south of the Delhi Bypass to Illinois 111 in Godfrey. TEA-21 included $12.2 million in High Priority Project funds for this segment.

It is anticipated that the section from south of the Delhi Bypass to Madison/Jersey County line will open Summer 2013.

Interstate 72 (US 36) in Morgan Co. to the Alton Bypass (IL 255) at Godfrey
Phase I engineering on this 57-mile section of US 67 is complete and design approval was received in January 1999 at a cost of $3 million. Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991 (ISTEA) included $2.4 million of federal demonstration funds for Phase I engineering. The FY 1995 US DOT Appropriations Act also provided an additional $800,000 in federal demonstration funds. The route markings on US 67 and Illinois 267 have been switched so that US 67 is west of Illinois 267.

https://www.oatesassociates.com/project/us-67-jerseyville-bypass/

CONSTRUCTION COST
$65,000,000

US Route 67 is a major corridor extending over 220 miles from southwestern to northwestern Illinois. Wanting to provide motorists with improved roadway, intersections and bridges has led the Illinois Department of Transportation to reconstruct the corridor.  The entire project is broken into multiple stages to minimize disruption to traffic.

Oates Associates provided engineering services for the design of the US 67 Jerseyville Bypass. The project encompasses over 5.5 miles of new expressway on new alignment, which will carry US 67 around the City of Jerseyville.  The Bypass will be a four lane divided expressway with full access control.

Work included design of an interchange at IL 16 east of Jerseyville and one flyover structure north of Jerseyville. Also included are frontage roads, two connector roads and realignment of three cross roads.  Within the project limits are twelve bridge structures.  These include four sets of mainline dual structures (1 set of curved girder structures) and three grade separation structures on three cross roads.  Work also included a drainage report for the design of 40 cross road culverts and the design of the roadside ditches and median storm structures.

Rail developers want to know what the holdup is on Jerseyville Bypass

https://www.ibjonline.com/past-issues/2018-issues/september-2018/8396-rail-developers-join-push-to-complete-u-s-67

Developers of a half-billion-dollar railroad complex in Jerseyville are squarely behind a regional push to find the last funding to complete a four-lane U.S. 67 from Godfrey to the Quad Cities.
    Both the highway and the rail hub are moving ahead independently, but officials leave no doubt about the mutual benefits of getting both done.
    A large crowd gathered in Jerseyville in August for the annual meeting of Corridor 67 Inc., a civic organization formed years ago to follow the highway to completion. The last, unfinished portion of the road, more than 40 miles from just north of Godfrey to nearly Scott County, would pass through the heart of Jersey County and run alongside the planned Mid-American International Gateway Business Park. The park is to be located along the Kansas City Southern Rail on 1,400 acres south of Crystal Lake Road in Jersey. The goal is to build a rail and truck shipping hub that would help move cargo between Mexico and Jerseyville and points all around the Midwest.
    Developer of the park is Stonemont Financial Group, of Atlanta, Ga. The company CEO and Managing Principal Zach Markwell said the land due diligence phase is complete and the project is moving forward in design. However, potential customers have questions.
    "As we're out talking to the users that are going to be coming to this region, their first question is about understanding the region,"  he said. "Their second question is, "˜Can we get our trucks in and out of there?'"
    Markwell and others spoke at the annual meeting about the critical need for infrastructure.

Rick Powell

Quote from: inkyatari on July 12, 2019, 08:55:38 AM
Nothing about 4 laning IL-47 between Caton Farm and 71?
Not in the capital bill or public discussions about potential projects afterward. At the public hearings for the Caton Farm/IL 71 section, there were several comments that the state should put its efforts into Yorkville-Sugar Grove instead. I am sure that when this is the last remaining section of 2-lane between I-80 and I-88, there will be some pressure to complete it. There was once a huge residential and commercial development planned for the Caton Farm/IL 47 area that folded in the Great Recession, and unless something on that scale reappears, the Caton Farm-IL 71 section upgrade will probably lag for several years.

Rick Powell

Quote from: paulthemapguy on July 12, 2019, 09:47:57 AM
Quote from: Rick Powell on July 11, 2019, 10:32:33 PM
Oh, and another funding bill (not Rebuild Illinois) provided a few hundred million to provide a new I-57 interchange and access road to the proposed South Suburban Airport.

Do you have any details on that?  I have been working in the area of that proposed airport quite often.  I just recently heard from some locals that plans regarding that airport have started to move forward again.

Here is some recent news.
https://patch.com/illinois/chicagoheights/pritzkers-budget-funds-roadwork-south-suburban-airport

I-39

Quote from: Rick Powell on July 15, 2019, 12:28:29 AM
Not in the capital bill or public discussions about potential projects afterward. At the public hearings for the Caton Farm/IL 71 section, there were several comments that the state should put its efforts into Yorkville-Sugar Grove instead. I am sure that when this is the last remaining section of 2-lane between I-80 and I-88, there will be some pressure to complete it. There was once a huge residential and commercial development planned for the Caton Farm/IL 47 area that folded in the Great Recession, and unless something on that scale reappears, the Caton Farm-IL 71 section upgrade will probably lag for several years.

Will the entire section of IL-47 between Sugar Grove and Yorkville be constructed now that the capital bill has passed?

Also, what happened to the Sugar Grove parkway widening projects? Weren't they suppose to widen the two lane sections of IL-47 between I-88 and the Waubonsee north entrance as well as between I-88 and Green Road/Main Street?

Rick Powell

Quote from: I-39 on July 15, 2019, 06:16:35 AM

Will the entire section of IL-47 between Sugar Grove and Yorkville be constructed now that the capital bill has passed?

Also, what happened to the Sugar Grove parkway widening projects? Weren't they suppose to widen the two lane sections of IL-47 between I-88 and the Waubonsee north entrance as well as between I-88 and Green Road/Main Street?

The section between Sugar Grove and Galena Road was already funded for construction by IDOT District 1. Rebuild Illinois funding will apparently add the section between Galena Road and Kennedy Road in District 3. The sections north and south of I-88 in Sugar Grove were covered by the I-88 ISTHA project study, but not sure if IDOT or ISTHA will build the parts away from the interchange itself. The project limits end at Seavey Road, short of Main Street.

I-39

Quote from: Rick Powell on July 15, 2019, 07:57:37 AM
Quote from: I-39 on July 15, 2019, 06:16:35 AM

The section between Sugar Grove and Galena Road was already funded for construction by IDOT District 1. Rebuild Illinois funding will apparently add the section between Galena Road and Kennedy Road in District 3. The sections north and south of I-88 in Sugar Grove were covered by the I-88 ISTHA project study, but not sure if IDOT or ISTHA will build the parts away from the interchange itself. The project limits end at Seavey Road, short of Main Street.

So now the whole of IL-47 between Sugar Grove and Yorkville will be done at once. Good.

I was wondering about the sections north and south of I-88 because I heard IDOT bought the Blackberry Creek Pub at IL-47/Main Street for an intersection improvement. Does anyone have info on that and/or when IL-47 will be widened north and south of I-88? I cannot find anything.

I'll bet now that a more study stream of funding is coming in from the gas tax being raised and indexed, we'll see the Canton Farm Road to IL-71 section done shortly after the Sugar Grove to Yorkville.

ET21

This is all the Tollway is doing for the interchange, can't find anything from IDOT about it through a quick search at work
https://www.illinoistollway.com/documents/20184/750148/2019_88_IL47_Interchange_Project_MAP_012319.pdf/bdf61261-b41a-4a51-b72e-19d2e800a1d0
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Rick Powell

I-39: I have seen the bridge plans for BlackBerry Creek, it will definitely be a wider bridge, but not specifically set up for 4-lanes. I will miss the Blackberry Inn, we used to meet my wife's stepmom there for lunch when she lived in McHenry and we'd meet her halfway.

ET21: The Phase I environmental study definitely extended past the construction limits that ISTHA is showing. The good news is that it is cleared for final design, the bad news is that apparently there will be a small 2 lane bottleneck, less than a mile, between the 4-lane to the south and I-88 until IDOT builds it. ISTHA's contractor is already working at the interchange.

Edwaleni  has a post from the engineer that has the Jerseyville Bypass at 65 million. Then he has the news article where IDOT  puts the price at 150. That was my source. The others were the recent MYP .

Inflation that bad?

Rick Powell

Quote from: ET21 on July 15, 2019, 09:20:39 AM
This is all the Tollway is doing for the interchange, can't find anything from IDOT about it through a quick search at work
https://www.illinoistollway.com/documents/20184/750148/2019_88_IL47_Interchange_Project_MAP_012319.pdf/bdf61261-b41a-4a51-b72e-19d2e800a1d0

This is the strip map showing the full project limits from College Drive to north of Seavey Road.

http://www.sugargroveinterchange.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Strip-Map-1-Entire-Study-Limits-200scale.pdf

ET21

Quote from: Rick Powell on July 15, 2019, 12:56:37 PM
Quote from: ET21 on July 15, 2019, 09:20:39 AM

This is the strip map showing the full project limits from College Drive to north of Seavey Road.

http://www.sugargroveinterchange.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Strip-Map-1-Entire-Study-Limits-200scale.pdf

Perfect that's what I was trying to find.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

edwaleni

Quote from: 3467 on July 15, 2019, 10:07:20 AM
Edwaleni  has a post from the engineer that has the Jerseyville Bypass at 65 million. Then he has the news article where IDOT  puts the price at 150. That was my source. The others were the recent MYP .

Inflation that bad?

I noticed the same thing.

Oates Engineering did that cost assessment for IDOT back in 2007 (I believe) to get into TEA-21.

Also, it isn't clear how the scope of the project changed between then and now. (more bridges, more drainage, higher property values, materials costs)

I was trying to find what changed between the Oates assessment and the current one and so that is why I went digging for a scope document then and now.

At this point, someone at the IDOT district office would have to explain. I will email them and see what changed.

I-39

Where can we see a list of the capital projects funded by the capital plan?

Is the previously proposed I-39/US 20 work in Rockford included? That desperately needs to be done.

Please do. All construction inflation has been bad but not this bad. Can you find out if they kept corridor protection both there and North of Jacksonville? I commented on it earlier this year.
I am a fuss paying member of Corridor 67 but have gotten nothing from them through this whole Capital Bill process.

It's not out 39. Edwaleni is trying to find out about 67. I have asked on Capital Fax all he had was a sheet for district 7. It was only interesting because no US 50.

I-39

Quote from: Rick Powell on July 15, 2019, 09:42:24 AM
I-39: I have seen the bridge plans for BlackBerry Creek, it will definitely be a wider bridge, but not specifically set up for 4-lanes. I will miss the Blackberry Inn, we used to meet my wife's stepmom there for lunch when she lived in McHenry and we'd meet her halfway.

Is there a pdf showing the proposed improvements? I can't seem to find anything. It's interesting they won't extend the four lane section north to Main Street rather than end it at Green Road.

edwaleni

Quote from: 3467 on July 15, 2019, 07:50:03 PM
It's not out 39. Edwaleni is trying to find out about 67. I have asked on Capital Fax all he had was a sheet for district 7. It was only interesting because no US 50.

That IDOT district doesn't have a published email address only a phone number.

So I emailed the IDOT Projects office in Springfield. I will let you know if I hear anything.

They have usually responded to my emails, but it can take up to 5 days.

Rick Powell

Quote from: I-39 on July 15, 2019, 09:27:17 PM
Quote from: Rick Powell on July 15, 2019, 09:42:24 AM

Is there a pdf showing the proposed improvements? I can't seem to find anything. It's interesting they won't extend the four lane section north to Main Street rather than end it at Green Road.

Here is the TSL plan (Type Size and Location) for the proposed IL 47 bridge over Blackberry Creek. Three 12' lanes (one presumably a turn lane for Main Street) and two 10' shoulders. I suppose five 11' lanes could be squeezed onto the new bridge at some point in the future, or more likely, it would be widened further if an add lanes project came through. The plan shows a projected 2040 traffic volume of 15,000 on IL 47, and if traffic does approach that volume, an add-lanes project might be considered. Today's traffic of around 8,000 probably doesn't set off too many alarms, considering there are 2-lane roads carrying far more traffic that need attention in NE Illinois.

http://www.idot.illinois.gov/Assets/uploads/files/Doing-Business/Standards/Bridge-TSL-Drawings/0452050TSL-20171120.pdf

Revive 755

I do not known how up to date this is, but since I recall seeing the South Suburban Airport access being funded in the capital bill, the following may be of interest:  https://www.southsuburbanairport.com/MasterPlan/reports/Access-Report-Plan2012-07-31.pdf

edwaleni

Quote from: Revive 755 on July 20, 2019, 10:10:12 PM
I do not known how up to date this is, but since I recall seeing the South Suburban Airport access being funded in the capital bill, the following may be of interest:  https://www.southsuburbanairport.com/MasterPlan/reports/Access-Report-Plan2012-07-31.pdf

The Chicago delegation will be fighting any and all efforts to maintain or provide more funding for this airport or any connecting roads.

While they project it will serve primarily cargo, I can only see one maybe two commercial passenger airlines who would want to use it. 

Allegiant - whose closest service to Chicago is Rockford and would do *anything* to get a better Chicago storefront.

Chicago Department of Aviation fiercely protects Southwest to keep them viable at Midway.

Allegiant has essentially "rescued" St Louis-Mid America in Belleville and the state of Illinois would like to continue that.

Allegiant now serves more cities in Illinois than any of the Big 4 (UA, AA, DL and SW).

Odd that IL-53 Extension is dead followed by the SSA is active.

Revive 755

There may be movement on finishing IL 336 to Peoria with the new capital bill, based on some of the new Type, Size, And Location bridge plans posted on IDOT's website.  There are a few new ones for IL 336 in Peoria County.

ilpt4u

Quote from: Revive 755 on July 27, 2019, 10:29:57 PM
There may be movement on finishing IL 336 to Peoria with the new capital bill, based on some of the new Type, Size, And Location bridge plans posted on IDOT's website.  There are a few new ones for IL 336 in Peoria County.
So these IL 336 bridges have locations on the drawings...does IDOT have an actual corridor and the ROW already purchased for Macomb-Peoria 336?

There was some Phase 2 engineering funded years ago and there is Corridor Protection between 474 and Canton. It seems strange that they would move forward in this and US 24 but anything is possible.

edwaleni

Quote from: edwaleni on July 16, 2019, 12:55:40 PM
Quote from: 3467 on July 15, 2019, 07:50:03 PM

That IDOT district doesn't have a published email address only a phone number.

So I emailed the IDOT Projects office in Springfield. I will let you know if I hear anything.

They have usually responded to my emails, but it can take up to 5 days.

I have yet to hear from the IDOT Projects Office on anything I emailed on.

Usually if not in 10 days, then I probably will not hear back.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.