News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Louisiana

Started by Alex, January 20, 2009, 12:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownpelican

A new section of the elevated La. 1 project - six miles from Leeville to Port Fourchon - will open to traffic near the end of the year.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/New-La-Highway-1-Bridge-to-Port-Fourchon-Nearly-Finished-130234618.html

brownpelican

UPDATE: Causeway officials say construction on the fifth toll lane and toll booth will begin next spring and should be finished by Thanksgiving 2012.

http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2011/09/work_to_begin_soon_on_expandin.html

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Anthony_JK on September 20, 2011, 01:14:55 PM
The final 4-lane stretch of US 61 from St. Francisville to Bains was opened yesterday, completing the full 4-lane from BTR to the MS state line.

http://www.dotd.la.gov/pressreleases/release.aspx?key=1813

Anthony

Yea!
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

brownpelican

Does anyone remember the La. 3241 project? Yes, I'm talking about the project that was supposed to give Bogalusa a 4-lane link to I-12 and has been on the drawing board for more than 20 years, but should be open now.

Well, the Army Corps has released the first draft of its study on the environmental impact of four proposed routes of the highway. The Corps favors the route that will connect the highway at I-12 via La. 434 near Lacombe, while the state favors a route that will connect to I-12 at La. 1088 northeast of Mandeville.

The public can can give input on the draft and project until Oct. 24.  A public hearing will be held the evening of Sept. 28 at the Abita Springs Town Hall. Comments may be given there too.

The highway is still a decade away from being built and open to the public.

Times-Picayune story with map of proposed routes:
http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2011/09/long-bandied_road_linking_bush.html

Army Corps link:
http://www.mvn.usace.army.mil/ops/regulatory/Bush.htm

Army Corps email for sending comments:
I-12toBush@usace.army.mil

Mail: James Barlow, Project Manager, New Orleans District, Corps of Engineers, P.O. Box 60267, New Orleans, LA 70160.

froggie

Did LaDOTD consider simply upgrading existing LA 21?

UptownRoadGeek

The "iconic" diagrammatical BGS succumbed to this over the early AM hours.

Why they didn't just stick with a green exit tab with only the word "Left" in yellow is beyond me.  Although I'm not a fan of Clearview, I must say that this is the first of the new clearview sinage in the area that I don't like.

codyg1985

^ Uh oh, you sure TXDOT didn't sneak over into Metairie and put that sign up, complete with the 3di I-10 shield? I guess if that were the case then the first letter of the cardinal direction wouldn't be larger.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Alex

Quote from: UptownRoadGeek on September 29, 2011, 12:33:08 PM
The "iconic" diagrammatical BGS succumbed to this over the early AM hours.

Why they didn't just stick with a green exit tab with only the word "Left" in yellow is beyond me.  Although I'm not a fan of Clearview, I must say that this is the first of the new clearview sinage in the area that I don't like.

Whoah, that looks like total garbage.  :thumbdown: A yellow exit tab? What is this, Quebec?

The 3-digit width shield for a 2di with a 1 in it, also makes me want to  :banghead:

InterstateNG

If I'm not mistaken, the yellow LEFT tab is stipulated by the MUTCD.
I demand an apology.

NE2

Quote from: InterstateNG on September 29, 2011, 06:22:14 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the yellow LEFT tab is stipulated by the MUTCD.
No, it should be a green tab with a yellow 'left':
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Revive 755

^ IMHO, the MUTCD is wasting money with having "left" on the sign when there is already an arrow pointing to the left, or indicate the lanes for the exit are on the left side of the roadway.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Funny, when LaDOTD replaced the overhead signage along I-110 in 2008, the collection of lefthand exits near downtown got those "extra tall" left hand exit tabs. Those tabs were all green, no yellow background.

UptownRoadGeek

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on September 29, 2011, 10:27:49 PM
Funny, when LaDOTD replaced the overhead signage along I-110 in 2008, the collection of lefthand exits near downtown got those "extra tall" left hand exit tabs. Those tabs were all green, no yellow background.

The sign that these replaces had the same set up, yet they have the tall green tab with only "LEFT" in yellow on the exit to I-110 from eastbound I-10. They're also being inconsistent. They'll put Clearview here, Gothic there, then come back and replace a few of the Gothics with Clearview.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: UptownRoadGeek on September 29, 2011, 10:40:09 PM
Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on September 29, 2011, 10:27:49 PM

The sign that these replaces had the same set up, yet they have the tall green tab with only "LEFT" in yellow on the exit to I-110 from eastbound I-10. They're also being inconsistent. They'll put Clearview here, Gothic there, then come back and replace a few of the Gothics with Clearview.

So the signs in Baton Rouge have been replaced again so the left exit tabs are now black on yellow?

UptownRoadGeek

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on September 29, 2011, 11:11:20 PM
So the signs in Baton Rouge have been replaced again so the left exit tabs are now black on yellow?

Don't know about the signs actually on I-110, but the sign from I-10 east to I-110 north is like the sign in the lower left corner.

brownpelican

Quote from: froggie on September 23, 2011, 07:13:10 AM
Did LaDOTD consider simply upgrading existing LA 21?

You would think they'd have done so by now eh? I don't have a problem with that one. But I guess LaDOTD didn't want to tear down those rich folks' homes.

UptownRoadGeek

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on September 29, 2011, 11:11:20 PM

As of a couple of days ago they have.

UptownRoadGeek

Some photo updates..........

I-12 widening (Slidell)

I-10 reconstruction at Causeway (Metairie)

Huey P. Long Bridge widening (Jefferson/Bridge City)

I-10 widening (Metairie)

I-10 widening (Baton Rouge)

I-12 widening (Baton Rouge)

froggie

Maybe I missed something, but when did they start widening I-12 in Slidell?  And how far?  Nevermind that it's about 10 years late...

lamsalfl

All BGS and overhead signage in Slidell on I-10 is being replaced with Clearview signage.  I saw a truck parked at the Oak Harbor exit with a ton of signs on them.  I'm not really anti-Clearview anymore.  The crisp and clean signs look good.  Also, I-10 in Slidell has always been six lanes since it was built in the 1960s.

UptownRoadGeek

Quote from: froggie on October 21, 2011, 09:27:39 AM
Maybe I missed something, but when did they start widening I-12 in Slidell?  And how far?  Nevermind that it's about 10 years late...

For some months now. Sadly, I think that it's only going to Airport Rd. I wish they would just drag it on to BR.

Quote from: lamsalfl on October 21, 2011, 09:54:07 AM
All BGS and overhead signage in Slidell on I-10 is being replaced with Clearview signage.  I saw a truck parked at the Oak Harbor exit with a ton of signs on them.  I'm not really anti-Clearview anymore.  The crisp and clean signs look good.

They're doing the same along the reconstructed sections of I-10 in Metairie. The westbound sinage looks good, but something went wrong on the Eastbound side. The scaling seems to be off and all of the I-10 shields are 3di width shields. They've replaced the eastbank bound Tchoupitoulas exit sinage with clearview as well.

They've also installed the new mile markers completely through the Orleans/Jefferson area. I've noticed that down here they are posting them on left side of the roadway instead of the right as I've seen in Slidell and going toward Baton Rouge.  They've also installed these giant intermediate "urban" mile markers every 2/10 of a mile.

brownpelican

They've installed the new mile markers on I-55 too.

lamsalfl

Quote from: brownpelican on October 27, 2011, 04:33:48 PM
They've installed the new mile markers on I-55 too.

not north of I-12 as of the other day. 

lamsalfl

There are two I-110 shields using the Clearview font.

UptownRoadGeek

Quote from: lamsalfl on October 28, 2011, 12:51:45 PM
There are two I-110 shields using the Clearview font.

The new U.S. 90 Business shields actually have Business printed across the top of the actual shield in black. Similar to how Interstate is on the Interstate shields. Looks nice.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.