News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-66 may not be dead yet after all

Started by hbelkins, March 04, 2016, 10:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on January 17, 2018, 04:16:13 PM
It was likely in error. Are there still any future Interstate 66 signs anywhere along its proposed corridor?

Yes, on the Cumberland Parkway.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Roadsguy

Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

Interstate 69 Fan

Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

renegade

Quote from: Interstate 69 Fan on January 19, 2018, 10:49:16 AM
Quote from: Roadsguy on January 18, 2018, 04:50:49 PM
Quote from: Interstate 69 Fan on November 06, 2016, 06:19:19 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on November 04, 2016, 04:34:03 PM
Quote from: Interstate 69 Fan on November 04, 2016, 12:53:27 PM
It's dead. According to a Facebook post, it announced "I-66 project dead"

Care to provide a link?
I will soon, when I got time.

One year later... :poke:

And he never found that link... :/
Because Facebook.  Turn that shit off and come back to reality.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

seicer

Looks like the KY 80 interchange with KY 461 will be different than I thought. I-66 will not follow KY 80.

--

https://www.transportation.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/docs/policy-initiatives/327856/build-2018-fact-sheets.pdf

Pulaski County Interchange Improvement to KY 461
Build Grant: $25 million
Total Cost: $69,375,000

"This project will replace the KY 80/KY 461 intersection with a grade-separated half-cloverleaf interchange, and the at-grade intersection of Valley Oak Drive-Coin Road/KY with a grade-separated tight diamond interchange. The project will also widen approximately 3 miles of KY 461 from two lanes to four lanes."

"The project improves two intersections with high crash rates and provides a safe ingress/egress for the 2,871 people working in Valley Oak Complex. The project also improves one of only two NHS routes leading to Lexington, KY; the improved route and the traffic it attracts will encourage the development of new businesses and encourage expansion of existing industries in Valley Oak Complex and increase employment opportunities in this economically disadvantaged area."

hbelkins

I never knew where the northern bypass of Somerset was going to tie in to KY 80. Looks like we know now. But until that bypass is done. looks like east 80/north 461, and south 461/west 80, are going to be the through movements. Traffic from London going to Somerset will have to take a loop ramp to stay on 80 until the northern bypass is finished.

Right now, the route through London and Somerset is my preferred route to Bowling Green. With the completion of KY 30 in Owsley and Jackson counties, and the northern bypass of Somerset, that trip will be even faster.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

seicer

I don't see the need for any interchanges in between. If KY 80 remains four-lanes, then it can serve as a conduit to the east Somerset bypass.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.