News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Roadgeek Baby Shower!

Started by cpzilliacus, March 17, 2019, 10:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

Mr. and Mrs. MDRoads (Mike and Laura) baby Lorraine is planned to arrive in the late spring

So let's do something unique - a roadgeek baby shower and celebration at their new place in Bel Air, Harford County, Maryland.

An Old Guy who has never done this is doing the hosting, so bear with me.

Details:

Laura is registered for baby stuff at Amazon.com and at Target.

Saturday, April 27, 2019 at 1 PM — 4 PM

[address redacted]

Facebook event announcement:
https://www.facebook.com/events/2040114429441105/
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

abefroman329

This is a really cool idea and I bet the MDRoads' really appreciate it.

jpi

Sweet!! I can actually attend this since I will be coming into central PA the night before and will be doing a toy show in Hershey on Sunday! I will let Steph know too, she won't be able to make it but we will be shopping :nod:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

PHLBOS

I might be actually able to attend this event.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

US71

That's the weekend of the Jefferson Highway Conference, which I have already committed to.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

SoCal Kid

Cant attend for obvious reasons (look at my age and location), but still excited! :)
Are spurs of spurs of spurs of loops of spurs of loops a thing? ;)

kevinb1994

The event page isn't showing up for me, and I may have plans with family that weekend anyway.

lepidopteran

Put me down as a definite maybe!

froggie

I had originally planned on attending this.  Unfortunately, complications and responsibilities have cropped up and I will no longer be able to attend.  I hope to see at least some of the same folks at the Providence gathering the following week.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: froggie on April 16, 2019, 01:21:29 PM
I had originally planned on attending this.  Unfortunately, complications and responsibilities have cropped up and I will no longer be able to attend.  I hope to see at least some of the same folks at the Providence gathering the following week.

Sorry that you cannot get down to this. But the supply of warm season Saturdays seems increasingly contained!
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

cpzilliacus

To others -  if you would like to attend and have not seen the event on Facebook, send me a PM here and I will reply with  details.

PHLBOS

Update: Due to a local morning commitment, I will not be able to attend the pre-shower Baltimore meet/tour; but I will be able to attend the shower itself at 1 PM.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

hbelkins

This sounds like a wonderful event, both the shower and the ROADS!!! activities that have been folded into the day.

However, my attendance will be precluded for a number of reasons. Chief among them are these: my finances do not presently allow for a trip of this distance, my wife is recovering from minor surgery and it would be unwise (in more ways than one) to leave her for what would be at least three days and two nights, and at this moment I'm unsure of how well my vehicle would do on such a long trip.

My best to the parents-to-be, however, and my friends who will be in attendance.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Mapmikey

just saw this for the first time just now...

Missed opportunity if nobody got them a mobile with I-10, I-65, I-165, US 43, US 45, US 90 and US 98 shields plus the Bankhead Tunnel dangling from it...

Congratulations to Laura and Mike

oscar

Quote from: Mapmikey on April 27, 2019, 08:39:43 PM
Missed opportunity if nobody got them a mobile with I-10, I-65, I-165, US 43, US 45, US 90 and US 98 shields plus the Bankhead Tunnel dangling from it...

We came close. Anthony and his wife got the baby girl some onesies with route markers for two Quebec highways intersecting in a Montreal suburb with the baby's first name.

Too bad you couldn't make it, it was well-attended and fun was had by all.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

cpzilliacus

Thanks to all  that attended!

Desert Man

Quote from: cpzilliacus on March 17, 2019, 10:43:28 PM
Mr. and Mrs. MDRoads (Mike and Laura) baby Lorraine is planned to arrive in the late spring

So let's do something unique - a roadgeek baby shower and celebration at their new place in Bel Air, Harford County, Maryland.

An Old Guy who has never done this is doing the hosting, so bear with me.

Details:

Laura is registered for baby stuff at Amazon.com and at Target.

Saturday, April 27, 2019 at 1 PM — 4 PM

[address redacted]

Facebook event announcement:
https://www.facebook.com/events/2040114429441105/

AH! missed it, held last year and I usually don't come to AAroads or any other message board often, I'm busy with work and family (and life in general). In 2020, I yearn to return to 2019...but we have to keep going and hopefully 2021 a better year. Mike and Laura, congrats (your baby is here). My wife and I had 2 baby showers with a combined sci-fi and family oriented theme: astrologically, I'm an Aquarius and she's a Cancer, imagining ourselves as Family Robinson on "Lost in Space". We had a son in 2009 (a Leo) and a daughter in the first week of 2012 (a Capricorn). Also I'm a stepfather of a Virgo son and I was my wife's friend (she broke up with her ex) before we started to date within a year after his birth, then we got married. Oddly, I'm genderfluid (I identify as both male and female) and I can say I'm my step-son's second mother. And was the baby shower a roads-themed one?
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Laura

It's been a while since I've been on here - and since Desert Man revived the thread I wanted to chime in and say thank you all again for such a wonderful time and for such wonderful gifts for my daughter!!!

Yes, Desert Man, it was roadgeek themed and it was AMAZING! CPZ got us the most amazing roadgeek themed cake from Charm City Cakes - seriously it was the best cake I've ever had - and it had roads on it and Maryland state highway shields with Lorraine 2019 in them!!

Hard to believe she is 18 months old now. She's attended one meet (Utica, NY back on July 18, 2020) and been to a few mini-meets as well (VDOT incident management open house and the DC Transportation Camp/TRB meetup). Hopefully we'll be at more meets in 2021!!!

kphoger

Quote from: Laura on January 15, 2021, 02:03:28 PM
CPZ got us the most amazing roadgeek themed cake from Charm City Cakes

No freaking way!  That is too cool!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.