NE Wisconsin (Sep 21 2013)

Started by mgk920, September 04, 2013, 02:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgk920

Yes, it is a bit of a short notice (I finally got everything cleared up), but if you like roads, freeways, the construction thereof and will be in or near eastern Wisconsin on Saturday, September 21, stop on by. I will greet any and all comers at The Bar, located at College Ave and Walnut St in downtown Appleton, WI at 11am (their open) for lunch, beverage and an afternoon of roadgeek heaven, especially with the under-way major upgrade construction of US(I)-41 in the Green Bay area.  The Packers are away (at Cincinnati) that weekend, so there will be no problems with game-weekend related traffic, room availability and so forth.

To get to The Bar, exit US(I)-41 at WI 125/College Ave (exit 137) and go eastward towards downtown.  Clinch WI 125 and continue eastward, The Bar is on the right two blocks past the big railroad crossing at WI 47.  Parking is available in the church parking lot in back.

http://www.meetatthebar.com/appleton_ave.html

Seeyas there!

Mike

hbelkins

Wish I could, but I will be critter-sitting since my better half will be in the Lone Star State that day.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Big John

As a still-newbie, i have never been to one of these meets.  In driving distance so have to check to see if i can make it.

jpi

And I will be in Lebanon, NH by way of central PA that weekend.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

JREwing78

I don't have anything going on that weekend. Call me a maybe.

SSOWorld

4 days away by car - and busy as ever.  Gotta bow out.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Alps

Quote from: JREwing78 on September 04, 2013, 10:32:28 PM
I don't have anything going on that weekend. Call me a maybe.
This is a crazy.

Brandon

I will not be there.  I have an all-day event on that Sunday in downtown Chicago.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Big John

Quote from: Big John on September 04, 2013, 10:57:07 AM
As a still-newbie, i have never been to one of these meets.  In driving distance so have to check to see if i can make it.
I can now make it if this is still on but I am not seeing much interest.

mgk920

I'll be there, even if it is just a couple of people, it will just make things simpler and so forth.

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.