Delmarva Meet for March or April 2014 - Brainstorming Ideas

Started by Laura, October 09, 2013, 12:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you like to see the Delmarva Meet formatted?

Traditional meet focused on one section of Delmarva (upper, middle, or lower).
16 (80%)
Clinch-a-thon styled meet focused on clinching routes (with stops along the way).
4 (20%)
Clinch-a-thon styled meet focused on clinching counties (with stops along the way).
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

hbelkins

Quote from: Laura on February 10, 2014, 12:24:07 AM
Awesome. Mike and I will be scouting this meet over the coming weekend and will post an itinerary shortly afterwards.

:clap:

As of now, do you have a general idea of what part of the Delmarva you'll be focusing on?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

BrianP

The notice to proceed for the MD 404 widening in Queen Anne is scheduled for next week.  Maybe there will be some ground clearing done by 3/23.  I say that in case the tour passes by that area.  This was funded by the gas tax increase.

http://apps.roads.maryland.gov/WebProjectLifeCycle/ProjectSchedule.aspx?projectno=AW896225

Laura

Quote from: BrianP on February 10, 2014, 01:19:24 PM
The notice to proceed for the MD 404 widening in Queen Anne is scheduled for next week.  Maybe there will be some ground clearing done by 3/23.  I say that in case the tour passes by that area.  This was funded by the gas tax increase.

http://apps.roads.maryland.gov/WebProjectLifeCycle/ProjectSchedule.aspx?projectno=AW896225

Yep, I've been keeping an eye on this!

We are currently torn between two different regions of Delmarva. Our initial thought was to focus on the area around 404, but there's also a lot to see in and near Salisbury. And we really can't combine the two because they're a good 50 miles apart!

Alps

Quote from: Laura on February 10, 2014, 10:03:21 PMAnd we really can't combine the two because they're a good 50 miles apart!
You say this, and you were at the Pikeville meet. ;)
I doubt you'll get anything for MD 404 if they're only now getting the NTP. Probably some stakeouts and beginning to prep the staging areas. May as well ignore that project and do the other stuff around Salisbu.

PHLBOS

GPS does NOT equal GOD

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.