News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Nashville\ Middle Tennessee Regional Road Meet!!!

Started by jpi, December 24, 2013, 12:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.J. Bertin

Chris and I had an absolute blast at the meet/tour yesterday. It was so much fun! Plus I'm glad we ended up eating dinner in downtown Nashville - and having enough time during our wait for a table to take pictures around the city and along the river. Hard Rock Cafe was fun!!!

Thanks to Jason for organizing such a fun meet. :D
-A.J. from Michigan

ericnear

Had a great time, and once again, I actually plan to post on AARoads from time to time after further badgering.  :D
Proud of my hometown (Ironton, OH) but wouldn't ever leave my adopted home.

jpi

I want to thank everyone for coming to the Nashville, TN area this past weekend! despite the weather (and go figure today it's beautiful and 80 degrees) we had what I believe is the largest turn out for a Nashville\ Middle TN area meet, for the ,unch portion we had a total of 17 people including spouses\ significant others and for the tour we had 12. Everyone enjoyed the tour and got some great pics of nashville and construction projects and we were able to get great group pics at the new TN 109 Cumberland River Bridge and the Natchez Trace Bridge in Williamson County.  Sometime in the next year I am considering another Memphis area road meet with all the I-269 construction ramping up in Mississippi and in the next couple years, a York\ Central PA region meet in my home town of York, PA.

Thanks again everyone! :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

oscar

Photos?

Sounds like I missed a good one.  But three meets over two weekends, and almost a month on the road, are catching up with me big-time.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

jpi

I will try to post pics on here by the end of the week, I don't hink I ever posted pics on here, they are on facebook but I will try, unless anyone who was at the meet have pics they can post here? I can't access facebook on my work PC, I am suprised I can access this page they wway are security has been recently. :-/
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Brandon

I have a few.

Here's the meet photo location.  I do not remember everyone's names.

AJ, ?, Steve, Anthony (lying down on the job), ?, Jason, Chris, Cody, Eric, HB, Paul, and Brandon (me)

Saw a very nice bridge.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

hbelkins

Quote from: jpi on April 02, 2014, 04:09:34 PM
I will try to post pics on here by the end of the week, I don't hink I ever posted pics on here, they are on facebook but I will try, unless anyone who was at the meet have pics they can post here? I can't access facebook on my work PC, I am suprised I can access this page they wway are security has been recently. :-/

If you upload the photos into their own album and set the audience on that album to "public," you can post the link on here and everyone will be able to see it. Or you can use the image tag and post each individual photo here (or someone else can do it for you).

I haven't gone through my photos yet, but since I cut away from the tour after we saw the bridge at Gallatin, I won't have very much to offer.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

hbelkins

Quote from: Brandon on April 02, 2014, 09:46:36 PM
I have a few.

Here's the meet photo location.  I do not remember everyone's names.

AJ, ?, Steve, Anthony (lying down on the job), ?, Jason, Chris, Cody, Eric, HB, Paul, and Brandon (me)

Christy Curley and Chris Curley, to fill in your blanks. Chris was a teenager living in Lexington when I was a teenager living east of Lexington, so we share fandom of Kentucky basketball.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.