News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

2013 meets?

Started by hbelkins, January 03, 2013, 10:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on April 26, 2013, 09:35:10 PM
There is likely going to be a meet in Windsor sometime in June, but I don't have further details at this time.

Who is planning the Windsor meet? I would love to attend a road meet there, but I have a feeling I'll have a scheduling conflict and won't be able to make it (especially if it's in June).
-A.J. from Michigan

AsphaltPlanet

Chris has said he is going to plan the Windsor meet.  He has organized most of the Ontario meets in the past, including last years meet in Sarnia.  Last I talked to him I had suggested the third Sunday in June for the meet, though that could change.

Typically, last year being an exception, the Ontario meet is held in early June.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on April 28, 2013, 10:19:50 PM
Chris has said he is going to plan the Windsor meet.  He has organized most of the Ontario meets in the past, including last years meet in Sarnia.  Last I talked to him I had suggested the third Sunday in June for the meet, though that could change.

In the U.S. (maybe Canada too?), Father's Day is the third Sunday in June. I don't know if this would impact attendance for such a meet. As far as I know, I'm available that day and might be up for going. I look forward to hearing the official announcement before too long. :)
-A.J. from Michigan

getemngo

As long as I can afford it, I'll go to Windsor. Flint is a yes no matter what; I think I have the best Michigan meet attendance of anyone since 2008.  (Any challengers? :))
~ Sam from Michigan

sdmichael

We need a meet in Southern California. I see many people with that region listed... lets get together! My only caveat is I can't offer my "car". I don't own one, just my motorcycle.

vdeane

We've had meet hosts not drive before so not a problem.  Heck, I even WALKED to a meet once!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

sdmichael

Well, one meet I'd like to host is a US 99 tour through Los Angeles sometime in June or July for those interested in the route from Castaic to downtown Los Angeles (and slightly east).

froggie

QuoteWe've had meet hosts not drive before so not a problem.  Heck, I even WALKED to a meet once!

Indeed.  The 1st ICC meet in Maryland that I hosted, I took the DC Metro to the meet.  I believe Oscar Voss took Metro to the meet I held in southern Fairfax County in 2009.

oscar

Quote from: froggie on May 09, 2013, 02:12:38 AM
I believe Oscar Voss took Metro to the meet I held in southern Fairfax County in 2009.

Yeah, that was when I was recovering from eye surgery, and still a few weeks away from retaking the wheel. 

That was an exceptional circumstance.  At that event, there was no shortage of drivers, as is usually the case.  Even when the host can drive separately, people will usually want to carpool to keep the number of vehicles more manageable, reduce the risk of someone getting lost (the longer the convoy, the more likely it'll get broken up by stoplights, etc.), and conserve scarce parking space at meet stops.  That also frees up the host to provide expert commentary to others in the car, get on the cellphone to corral lost drivers in other cars, etc.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

hbelkins

Quote from: froggie on May 09, 2013, 02:12:38 AM
QuoteWe've had meet hosts not drive before so not a problem.  Heck, I even WALKED to a meet once!

Indeed.  The 1st ICC meet in Maryland that I hosted, I took the DC Metro to the meet.  I believe Oscar Voss took Metro to the meet I held in southern Fairfax County in 2009.

And you rode your bike to the DC-area meet last fall.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

froggie

I couldn't have...I was out to sea last fall.

hbelkins

I meant spring. Got that meet confused with the Richmond meet last fall, after both of which I spent the night in Staunton.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

SSOWorld

Quote from: sdmichael on May 07, 2013, 08:04:02 PM
Well, one meet I'd like to host is a US 99 tour through Los Angeles sometime in June or July for those interested in the route from Castaic to downtown Los Angeles (and slightly east).
if the speculation for my job's next project is correct, I might be able to attend that...

EDIT: Speculation correct - I'll be in the L.A. area for most of the summer.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Alps

Quote from: SSOWorld on May 11, 2013, 11:25:29 PM
if the speculation for my job's next project is correct, I might be able to attend that...

But
ton
cop
y
*clap clap*
*clap clap clap*

sdmichael

If that is the case, we will have to put something together.

Duke87

Quote from: Steve on May 14, 2013, 12:22:12 AM

But
ton
cop
y
*clap clap*
*clap clap clap*

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

CanesFan27

Quote from: Duke87 on May 15, 2013, 09:09:58 PM
Quote from: Steve on May 14, 2013, 12:22:12 AM

But
ton
cop
y
*clap clap*
*clap clap clap*

So does the Button Copy Cheer join the world famous "Wake County Roads" Chant?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.