News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

An apology

Started by traffic light guy, July 01, 2022, 11:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

traffic light guy

I'd like the apologize for my actions in the past. I know I caused a lot of heartache in the signal community for what I've done on Highway Divides. It's been on my mind a lot lately, which is why I disappeared for a bit. At the time I did not know the long term consequences of my behavior. Not sure who didn't receive an apology yet or if I'm doing the right thing by apologizing so late. I am a changed man, and I now know the consequences of my actions and how they effect other people, sorry if I came off as spiteful for even making my own forum. I want to make things right by recognizing what I did was wrong. We are human and make mistakes. I am wrong for what I did. I hope any one who reads this can recognize that I am aware of how I effected everyone. I'm not trying to gain sympathy, I'm owning up for what I did, and I want to make things right by making up for what I did.

Max Rockatansky

hotdogPi

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 01, 2022, 11:38:57 AM
Wut?

This is about Highway Divides, another forum. He can't issue an apology there because he's banned.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: 1 on July 01, 2022, 11:42:12 AM
Wut?

This is about Highway Divides, another forum. He can't issue an apology there because he's banned.

Ah.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hbelkins

What did you do?

(I think I signed up for Highway Divides after reading about it here, but never found anything there to hold my interest.)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

traffic light guy

Quote from: hbelkins on July 01, 2022, 02:45:46 PM
What did you do?

(I think I signed up for Highway Divides after reading about it here, but never found anything there to hold my interest.)

Banned because I talked about a certain type of traffic light too much, I was using other people's photos in their posts without giving them credit, and I had an overall "know at all" type of attitude. I tried to get back in with a fake account after Matt banned me. Matt is from Philly just like I am which made it a lot easier for him to track me down.

I joined some signal themed facebook groups during the first year of covid. There was some drama after Matt made snarky comments on my posts, accusing me of making a lot of assumptions about stuff due to my past on Highway Divides. This caused me to get suspended from the facebook groups for six months. I spoke the admins on the Facebook groups about what happened and they allowed me back on as long as I behaved.

I find it weird that a traffic signal themed forum has the name "Highway Divides". Clever name, but not really fitting.

I lied about my age in the fake accounts, which violated coppa laws.

1995hoo

Wut?

I recall tolbs17 sending a bunch of us PMs asking how to register for Highway Divides. I told him I didn't know what Highway Divides was. But between tolbs17 being interested in it and my now having read this thread, I don't think I'm particularly interested in learning more about it.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: 1995hoo on July 01, 2022, 03:40:00 PM
Wut?

I recall tolbs17 sending a bunch of us PMs asking how to register for Highway Divides. I told him I didn't know what Highway Divides was. But between tolbs17 being interested in it and my now having read this thread, I don't think I'm particularly interested in learning more about it.

I got one of those too.  I basically just told him that I had no idea since I wasn't a member.

CtrlAltDel

Highway Divides still exists? TIL.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

traffic light guy

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on July 01, 2022, 05:05:15 PM
Highway Divides still exists? TIL.

Still does. It outlived the previous signal forum. It also got a major software update during the first year of the pandemic, so now the forum software is discourse.

In_Correct

This One?  :confused:

I type

highwaydivides.com

and this happened:

https://highwaydivides.net/login

Welcome to Highway Divides
An account is required. Please create an account or log in to continue.

If you had an account on the old HighwayDivides, please choose forgot password. As long as your email is still up to date it will email you a reset password link! If you can no longer access your old email, please create a new account and we can merge them.

I doubt I sign up. At least they do not have: "Sign In With Google.".
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

traffic light guy

It pains me to look back at the whole incident. I also feel very bad for the hell I put Matt through (the admin of Highway Divides), by trying to get back in multiple times after he banned me from the site.

To this day I still can't forgive myself.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: traffic light guy on July 07, 2022, 10:23:23 PM
It pains me to look back at the whole incident. I also feel very bad for the hell I put Matt through (the admin of Highway Divides), by trying to get back in multiple times after he banned me from the site.

Over some web forum thing?

Rothman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 07, 2022, 10:32:44 PM

Do not interrupt the greatest virtual self-flagellation ever.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

I had a member here send me an apology for some thing they had done here five years ago. They had been mostly inactive since then, and were looking to rejoin the forum and turn over a new leaf. It was pretty clear that they legitimately felt pretty bad about their conduct.

I had to send back a reply telling them that the apology was appreciated but, honestly, I hadn't even the foggiest memory of whatever incident they were talking about.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Rothman on July 07, 2022, 10:40:53 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 07, 2022, 10:32:44 PM

Do not interrupt the greatest virtual self-flagellation ever.

Ain't legit unless it's like this:

traffic light guy

Quote from: Scott5114 on July 07, 2022, 10:41:52 PM
I had a member here send me an apology for some thing they had done here five years ago. They had been mostly inactive since then, and were looking to rejoin the forum and turn over a new leaf. It was pretty clear that they legitimately felt pretty bad about their conduct.

I had to send back a reply telling them that the apology was appreciated but, honestly, I hadn't even the foggiest memory of whatever incident they were talking about.

The admin of Highway Divides has a clear memory of everything I've done. Mainly because the traffic signal community is so small, so that increases the level of authority he has. He's also from Philly just like I am, which made it a lot easier for him to track me down.

In_Correct

aaroads is very big. I am certain that Scott does not have time for Grudges.
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

Max Rockatansky

No corner of the road hobby is very big.  Nobody in the road hobby has really much in the way of what could he considered "authority."   To the larger world what happens in the road community is inconsequential. 

hbelkins

So, did this member get back in?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Scott5114

Quote from: hbelkins on July 08, 2022, 12:21:34 PM

So, did this member get back in?

As far as I know, they were never not welcome in the first place. Like I said, I don't even have any memory of what happened–it sounded like they just got in an argument with someone, left to cool their heels, and then just didn't log back in for years. I don't think they were ever even officially warned, unless someone sent them a PM I wasn't privy to, since I seem to remember checking their warning record and not seeing anything.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

traffic light guy

I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from cutting up on Highway Divides. I miss having interesting discussions on there.

jp the roadgeek

Wonder if Ethanman or TheAlan360 ever apologized for their actions here.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

SectorZ

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on July 09, 2022, 02:02:45 AM
Wonder if Ethanman or TheAlan360 ever apologized for their actions here.

TheAlan360 apologize? We should be thanking him for endless years of memes on this site.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.