NJ halts all transportation construction projects due to lack of funding...

Started by NJRoadfan, October 01, 2010, 09:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJRoadfan

froggie

Until the state can break its governmental logjam and find a way to deal with its crushing debt load, there won't be a quick resolution to the matter.

Alps

mgk920

Quote from: AlpsROADS on October 01, 2010, 11:02:25 PM
Ohh fuck fuck fuck fuck time to look at houses in Wisconsin.
Well, strike that, then.

Don't fret, Wisconsin's state budget deficit is worse on a per-capita basis than California's is right now.  I'm expecting our next governor and legislature to have to make similar draconian budget cuts.

Two-term incumbent Governor James Doyle (D) is not running for re-election and right now it is looking like Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker (R) will likely win the office against Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett (D).  Walker has had to do some hard budgeting to close very large structural deficits in Milwaukee County over the past several years, too.  I am also expecting both houses of the legislature to flip from majority 'D' to majority 'R' next month.

No matter where you are, you can't do much if the money isn't there.

Mike

Marc

Mr. Matté

Quote from: Marc on October 02, 2010, 12:35:31 AM
Meanwhile, the Texas economy is doing great...

As much as I hate the Fat-Ass, I'm not gonna trade him for the secessionist.

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: Marc on October 02, 2010, 12:35:31 AM
Meanwhile, the Texas economy is doing great...

Oklahoma isn't bad either from what I read at http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2010/09/why-oklahoma-city-could-represent-the-future-of-america/62897  I quoted the best part of the article

QuoteThe last time the United States suffered a recession this deep and painful, it was the Great Depression. That was the era of the Dust Bowl, the California pilgrimages out of Oklahoma that John Steinbeck etched into America's memory with The Grapes of Wrath. Eighty years later, California's housing market has run dry and Oklahoma is building river parks. As families gravitate back to the heartland, with its cheap homes and lower unemployment, the migration patterns of the Great Depression have turned backward. "It's the Wrath of Grapes," says Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett.

Mergingtraffic

CT hasn't stopped all work but delayed some of the bigger projects such as expressway widening projects.  It is at least 2014 for some of them to start.
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

Dougtone

Alps

papaT10932

NJ's economic mess probably means that their generic circle route markers won't be redesigned any time soon... :-/

njroadhorse

Quote from: papaT10932 on October 06, 2010, 08:10:56 PM
NJ's economic mess probably means that their generic circle route markers won't be redesigned any time soon... :-/
I think that's the least of Jersey's road problems :-D
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.