News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

2025 Rand McNally Road Atlas

Started by bob7374, March 30, 2024, 06:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob7374

Looks like the 2025 Rand McNally Road Atlas is now available. A link to the Rand McNally website:
https://randpublishing.com/2025-road-atlas/

It is also available to order at Amazon.com, but not available for shipping for another couple of days. A search of the Barnes and Noble website came up empty.

rschen7754

I already put in my order when I needed something to get my Amazon free shipping. It is supposed to come April 8.

GaryV

Why do they have it out so early? (And I know it's not only this year.) Things could change before we get to 2025, like expected highway openings being delayed.

mgk920

Yea, I remember them being available in fall.

Mike

jlam

I ordered mine a few days ago. It should be getting here on the 1st or 2nd.

Looking at the sample photos, it looks like they have I-69 in Indiana completed up to I-465. That will likely happen by 2025, but it may be jumping the gun.

CNGL-Leudimin

Heck, I have a German road atlas from 2013-14 showing the northernmost section of A71 already open and a gap near Sömmerda still in planning stage. That never happened, as the former got delayed due to a very German reason (a dispute on some minor contract), and when it finally opened to traffic construction was already underway on the last section.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

bluecountry

Quote from: bob7374 on March 30, 2024, 06:18:59 PMLooks like the 2025 Rand McNally Road Atlas is now available. A link to the Rand McNally website:

It is also available to order at Amazon.com, but not available for shipping for another couple of days. A search of the Barnes and Noble website came up empty.
Any changes?

Henry

Quote from: bluecountry on April 02, 2024, 03:08:58 PM
Quote from: bob7374 on March 30, 2024, 06:18:59 PMLooks like the 2025 Rand McNally Road Atlas is now available. A link to the Rand McNally website:

Any changes?
The gap in I-695 definitely won't be one, since the atlas had already been published when the Key Bridge collapsed. It probably will be in place for 2026, though.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

I-55

Got mine the other day, some preliminary observations:

Arkansas:
  • US-78 extension marked along I-55 and former SR 18

Illinois:
  • IL-490 now shows as under construction all the way to I-294 (previously ended at IL-390)

Indiana:
  • I-69 shows as complete to I-465, but to the wrong exit (the completed I-69 will join I-465 at newly constructed exit 5). I-69's concurrency with I-465 is also signed on the atlas
  • The 236th street interchange is also shown on US 31. 276th street, however, is not

Kentucky:
  • The I-69 Ohio River Crossing approach does NOT show as under construction
  • IN-265 now shown in concurrency with I-265 on the Louisville inset (despite I-265 having not been signed on that portion since it opened back in 2016

Mississippi:
  • Greenville Bypass still not showing as under construction

North Carolina:
  • NC 417 exit now displayed in the Wilmington inset (though not on the state map)
  • NC-74 now displays as complete between US-52 and US-421 (on both the city and state maps). It is also shown as under construction to existing I-74 (on the city map only)
  • The remainder of the US-74 Shelby bypass now shows as under construction all the way back to US-74 east of Shelby.

Oklahoma:
  • I-335 and I-344 are signed on their respective turnpikes, however, the I-240 extension is not shown
  • More OK-3xx designations have been applied to turnpikes
  • Side note: I find it funny that Google only shows I-344 up to I-40 and not OK-152. As if Google was granted 15 seconds of roadgeek sense.

Tennessee:
  • Union City Bypass still displays as under construction despite completion over a month ago (yet they nailed I-335 and I-344???)
  • New Interchanges on Lamar Avenue in Memphis displayed

Washington DC:
  • I-395 and I-695 reverted to their original alignments. Recall the 2024 atlas displayed a numbering change involving I-395 absorbing I-695 and the spur into downtown becoming I-195
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.