News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

A-73 expansion

Started by Hellfighter, March 14, 2009, 03:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfighter

Does anyone know when or if they're going to expand A-73 south of St. Georges to US-201 and to the north, a possible interchange with A-70?

un1

The unofficial extension website:  http://www.geocities.com/autoroute73/highway.html

Well to A-70 maybe a few decades according to my Quebec map.
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

Alps

Unlikely to ever head north to A-70.  70 will likely always be an orphaned Autoroute due to the limited traffic volumes there.  The twinning work on PR-175 is more due to safety because there are low volumes; it won't be to freeway standards, won't follow the whole route, and I do not believe it will carry the A-73 designation.  I find it interesting that A-70 and A-85 (future) are basically the same route and yet one is E-W and one is N-S because of how the GaspĂ© Peninsula skews directions.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.