News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Traffic Signals installed that have never been activated

Started by roadman65, August 24, 2014, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJResotko

Here's a signal that's been in flash mode for probably a long time in Brooklynn, Michigan, at the US-12 entrance for the MI International Speedway: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.0581373,-84.2471049,3a,24.8y,248.55h,96.99t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sHpjj9jm9Jjzv9Q_rJESPtQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Big John

ErmineNotyours

Crosswalk signal on the Interurban Trail in Kent, WA left in yellow flash and never activated.  Over the years, the pedestrian heads were vandalized away.  The signal a block to the north has been activated.

Roadsguy

The traffic signal at the end of the would-be Schuylkill Parkway near Norristown have been in flash mode presumably since the intersection was built, with a stop sign put up for Valley Forge Road. Was this signal ever fully operational?
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

jakeroot

Quote from: ErmineNotyours on March 10, 2019, 07:22:24 PM
Crosswalk signal on the Interurban Trail in Kent, WA left in yellow flash and never activated.  Over the years, the pedestrian heads were vandalized away.  The signal a block to the north has been activated.

That's only the second example of this setup that I know of in WA (the first being in Tacoma, which I posted on page 1).

RobbieL2415

There's only two that I know of around here.  CT 159 @ Lawnacre Rd, Windsor Locks, and SR 541 @ Tunnel Rd, Vernon. Both lights are/were left in their flashing phases. The latter signal was replaced with single flashing elements c. 2014.

There is also a single FYB on Avery St. in South Windsor that I have never seen lighted up. It warns of a steep grade. I think it's actually privately owned. The control box is on a utility pole next to a mailbox.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.