News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Oregon 42N

Started by CGPerry, September 30, 2016, 05:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bickendan

As Nexus says, there are very few signed county routes in Oregon. One of the most notable ones, Delta Highway, in Eugene, is a full on freeway, but is only signed as 'Delta Highway'. According to OSM, it's CR 1740.

Quillz

Oregon also does not have business routes. OR-99 and US-30 function as such, though. Which frankly, I prefer. Never been a big fan of business routes/spurs.

Thunderbyrd316

Quote from: Quillz on January 25, 2017, 07:55:06 PM
Oregon also does not have business routes. OR-99 and US-30 function as such, though. Which frankly, I prefer. Never been a big fan of business routes/spurs.

Actually Oregon DOES have a few Business Routes, notably Oregon 18 Bus. through Willamina and Sheridan and Ore. 99E Bus. through Salem.

There is also a US 97 Bus. in Redmond, Bend and Klamath Falls and I believe a few others I have forgotten as well.

Alps

Quote from: Bickendan on January 25, 2017, 04:32:46 PM
As Nexus says, there are very few signed county routes in Oregon. One of the most notable ones, Delta Highway, in Eugene, is a full on freeway, but is only signed as 'Delta Highway'. According to OSM, it's CR 1740.
There's one county in particular where all of the segments of OR 99 are on county highways, and those are certainly signed.

Bickendan

Quote from: Alps on January 26, 2017, 12:04:01 AM
There's one county in particular where all of the segments of OR 99 are on county highways, and those are certainly signed.
I think that's in Douglas County, and I haven't been down south in such a long time to scout it out. Do you mean the county routes are signed, or that OR 99 is signed on county alignments?

Alps

Quote from: Bickendan on January 26, 2017, 03:48:20 PM
Quote from: Alps on January 26, 2017, 12:04:01 AM
I think that's in Douglas County, and I haven't been down south in such a long time to scout it out. Do you mean the county routes are signed, or that OR 99 is signed on county alignments?
I think there are county shields there. I don't have my photos up, so I can't prove it, but I remember having to alter which county routes I thought I was on, so something had to have been signed.

JasonOfORoads

Unsurprisingly, it depends on where you are. I've noticed that the more southerly and easterly counties sign their county routes more often than in the Willamette Valley. Still, there are some visible county numbering systems out there. Aside from the aforementioned Douglas County, here are the ones I'm aware of:

Clackamas County

Uses standard mileposts on county highways, but they add a small five-digit number on the bottom, like this one on SW Mountain Rd. near Stafford:

(taken Sep 2 2013 by me)

They also mark their culverts with those same five-digit numbers and a hundredth-milepoint, like this one on SW Homesteader Rd., also near Stafford:

(taken Sep 2 2013 by me)

Washington County

Very rarely marks their mileposts or highway numbers, but they're out there. Here's milepost 2 on SW Bull Mountain Rd. at the corner of SW 150th Ave. in Tigard:

(taken Feb 11 2015 by me)

There also used to be one on SW 185th near Farmington Rd, but it appears to have been removed since then. There's also a milepost 3 on River Rd. just south of Rosedale Rd. near Hillsboro.

Linn County

Their county road numbers are placed upon their bridge inventory posts, along with the milepoint. Here's one from Hoefer Rd., near I-5's long-closed Exit 240:

(taken Aug 13 2016 by me)

Lake County

Uses the standard county route symbol, but has hyphenated routes, such as CR 2-17 here:

(taken in 2005 by Cameron Kaiser)

Harney County

Uses the standard county route symbol, but with a lot of letter suffixes. Their sign department apparently uses spray paint to name/number its signs:

Grant County

Uses the standard county route symbol. Pretty boring, actually:

--------

I also remember from my childhood that Coos County mileposts have a numbered CR reassurance shield above the mileage. This was past the end the Coos River Highway on the way to Golden and Silver State Park (E Fork Rd, Coos County #49). IIRC the mileage appeared to be based off the state highway mileposts.

Multnomah, Marion and Lincoln Counties do number their roads, but not in the public as far as I've seen. I am unsure if Crook, Josephine, Polk, and Tillamook Counties sign their numbered roads. I don't even know if the other counties not mentioned number their roads at all -- if so, the lists aren't publicly accessible.
Borderline addicted to roadgeeking since ~1989.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.