News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What interstate have you clinched the most times?

Started by triplemultiplex, April 05, 2018, 10:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pianocello

I-88 in Illinois. I haven't lived in a position that would make sense for me to clinch any 3dis more than a couple times, and I haven't clinched too many more 2dis.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

sparker

Hazarding a few guesses:
3di's:  I-680 (CA), I-205 (CA), I-280 (CA), I-880 (CA), I-780 (CA), I-205 (OR/WA).  Have clinched most of I-580 several times, but the section between I-205 & I-5 only sporadically.  When I was working down in L.A. area, the Interstates clinched regularly were I-210, I-605, I-215, and I-105; the other regional 3di's were clinched occasionally but not regularly. 
2di's:  Clinched several times: I-5, I-8.  Clinched a few times: I-82, I-84 (W).  Pretty much all other clinches have been once or twice.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

MantyMadTown

I-43 from Green Bay to Milwaukee. I've been on it more times than I can count, and I regularly use a small part of it when I drive between my hometown and Madison. I'm not counting the segment from Milwaukee to Beloit because I've never taken that route.
Forget the I-41 haters

hotdogPi

Quote from: MantyMadTown on April 07, 2018, 09:43:50 PM
I-43 from Green Bay to Milwaukee. I've been on it more times than I can count, and I regularly use a small part of it when I drive between my hometown and Madison. I'm not counting the segment from Milwaukee to Beloit because I've never taken that route.

Clinch means drive the entire length (it doesn't have to be in a single trip). If you have never been on a particular section, you haven't clinched it.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13,44,50
MA 22,40,107,109,117,119,126,141,159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; UK A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; FR95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New: MA 14, 123

yakra

ME I-295, too many times to count, though never in one sitting.
Distant second would be ME I-195 or MA I-290. Not quite sure which of these would eke out the other.
I haven't clinched any 2DIs multiple times.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

ilpt4u

I think the only 2DIs I've clinched are I-57 (current route from Chicago to Sikeston - not the Future I-57 in Arkansas) and I-24, and neither lots of times...Unless we want to count the Western/IL I-88, which I have clenched countless times

3DIs...

IN: I-465

IL: I-155, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355. Most on that list would be 355, followed by 294

froggie

Quote from: 1 on April 07, 2018, 09:44:49 PM
Quote from: MantyMadTown on April 07, 2018, 09:43:50 PM

Clinch means drive the entire length (it doesn't have to be in a single trip). If you have never been on a particular section, you haven't clinched it.

Given that others have mentioned state segment clinches, this one is not as off as you're attempting to put it.  Nevermind that, at one point, Green Bay to Milwaukee *WAS* the entire length of I-43.

oscar

Probably I-695 in D.C., or I-270 Spur in Maryland (not the mainline, since it's pretty rare for me to drive the other branch of I-270 between the spur and I-495).

I-395 in Virginia/D.C. was part of my daily commute when I was working, but only from VA 27 to D St. NW in D.C. -- segments where I am weak are in D.C. between D St. and New York Avenue, and in Virginia VA 120 to VA 27.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

davewiecking

MD-s I-495X: thousands of times; MD's I-270Y and I-595: hundreds of times (yes, I'm really stretching this); MD's I-370: somewhere in the double digits; DC's I-695, DC/VA's I-395, MD's I-270 and I-895, MD/DC I-295: several.

I-83 probably a few times more than I-97, but both in the single digits. All other 2 DI's: 0.

TheStranger

Interstate 380 in San Bruno:

- connecting between portions of South San Francisco can sometimes be much faster taking 380 instead of staying on surface streets in town
- Heading south from SF to San Jose, it's quicker to get to San Bruno via the Bayshore Freeway rather than 280's routing along the Southern Freeway in San Francisco's Oceanview neighborhood, then from there I can switch over via 380 to the Junipero Serra Freeway portion of 280 bypassing downtown San Mateo and downtown Redwood City.
- on some occasions going to and from Sharks games from SF, I end up clinching the route in both directions (say, 380 west on the southbound portion of the trip, 380 east on the northbound half) in the same outing
Chris Sampang

signalman

In NJ/NY it would have to be I-287.  Interestingly, while I've clinched this road many times, I don't think I've ever done it in one sitting.  For NJ/DE it's definitely I-295, that one I don't think I've ever not clinched in one sitting.  For DE alone it would be I-495 (I'm not about to split hairs as to whether it enters PA.  As far as I'm concerned, it's a DE route).  For PA it would have to be I-380, I-180, and I-283.  I don't think I've clinched any 2di multiple times, only segments of them.

NWI_Irish96

Only interstates I've clinched more than twice are I-265, I-465 and I-865 in Indiana, I-190, I-290 and I-294 in Illinois, I-264 and I-265 in Kentucky, with I-265 in Indiana being by far the one I've clinched the most times.

Only 2di that I've clinched more than once is I-88(IL).
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

ClevePVU

I-12
too many trips from Houston to the east coast

I-45
because, Dallas...

Beltway

VA I-195 in Richmond.  Use end to end several times a week, have done that for many years.

Mainline Interstate routes, hard to say.  Probably I-66, handful of times total.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

SP Cook

I-68, by far.  Probably well over 100 times.  No others in double digits. 

3DI would be I-270 into DC.  Probably 20 times. 

pdx-wanderer

Oregon's I-405. I can't even imagine what second place would be.

DJ Particle

I-394 in MN.  Not like it's hard to do, it's under 10 miles long!   :-D

froggie

DJ Particle

The road to Washington Ave is part of Exit 9C.  I-394 ends at 3rd/4th Streets.

Either way, clinched numerous times.   :-D

TheHighwayMan3561

Here we go again with the I-394 east end discussion!  :popcorn:
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

michravera

Quote from: triplemultiplex on April 05, 2018, 10:04:38 AM
I think many of us have clinched the same interstate multiple times in our driving careers.  So what interstate do you think you've clinched the most?  We can throw mainline and 3di answers up in here.   I reckon that means there are probably a few of you who clinch an interstate twice every weekday. ;)

For me, it's I-39.  I'm probably up to at least a dozen clinches of this one since I first checked it off in 2003.  I did it once again in the last month.
For a 3di clinch, it's gotta be I-894, though I-535 is up there too.

I clinch I-380 and I-205 in California just about every time that I drive on them. I also do the same to I-505 but drive it less frequently. I probably clinched I-205 at least 150 times per year between 1991 (when I moved to the Bay Area from Sacramento) and 1997 (when my then fiance'e did).

ce929wax

I have probably clinched I-196 somewhere between 10 and 100 times, but I also live in West Michigan.

I have clinched I-12 at least twice, possibly three times.

froggie

Quote from: DJ Particle on April 12, 2018, 06:28:39 PM
The road to Washington Ave is part of Exit 9C.  I-394 ends at 3rd/4th Streets.

Either way, clinched numerous times.   :-D

That's what MnDOT wants you to think.  But per their Logpoint (and shapefiles), Washington Ave is the actual terminus.

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394Here we go again with the I-394 east end discussion!

😌

Super Mateo

For me, it's probably I-865, as Indianapolis always seems to be in the way of where I want to go east of there.

Locally, it's I-294, but I have completed the western I-88.  I've also been at probably 5 of the endpoints of I-74, but need to fill in a bunch of miles in between.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.