News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Exit ramps destined only for one direction, but do not sign it

Started by roadman65, July 14, 2018, 01:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

In New Jersey specifically the Parkway, we would have signed exits for both US 22 and US 46 yet the ramps would go for one direction do to nearby places to turnabout to reverse direction.  Exits 140 going NB is to US 22 E Bound but to get to WB US 22 one must take a u turn ramp (that is marked U Turn but no shielding) or going SB its more maneuvering as the 140B ramp goes to WB US 22 where you must exit onto NJ 82 E Bound and dog leg through two loop ramps (one ramp a local street) to reach US 22 E Bound.

Then you also have the Exit 3 signs on I-78 E Bound that mention US 22 without a West tab when in fact the eastbound direction is straight through and not included on pull through signs.  So in essence the ramp only connects to US 22 W Bound only.

Then go to the ACE in Atlantic City and Exit 2 is signed for US 40 & 322, but the ramp only connects to EB US 40 & 322 https://www.google.com/maps/place/Atlantic+City,+NJ/@39.370828,-74.4794393,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c0dd576e5cc721:0x4a6fcb43e9675262!8m2!3d39.3642834!4d-74.4229266

The US 40 Exit to on I-895 used to also be signed for "US 40" yet the ramp would merge into only US 40 WB.  However some may argue that the right split to Erdman Avenue is most likely why it was signed for both directions, as it does connect to US 40 W Bound, but at the time no shields or trailblazing were present at the ramp split leaving the only US 40 as E Bound.

I was wondering, other than terminuses where its obvious a ramp can only go one way and many road departments will sign it with no direction, are there any other ramps signed without direction but ends (or merges) into one way of the flow?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.