News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

MT 287

Started by Max Rockatansky, August 07, 2018, 12:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

I was going through some of my old photos of Nevada City for a blog post on Surewhynotnow which is located on MT 287.  From what I can tell MT 34 was renumbered to MT 287 sometime between 1986 and 1989.  I know US 287 was extended north into Montana by 1965 which connects to MT 287 in Ennis.  Interestingly it seems that MT 1 was renumbered as MT 287 sometime after 1958 (I'm seeing this all on historicaerial topo maps) and it stayed that way until US 287 entered the state.  Does anyone have any insight on either the pre-US Route version of MT 287 or why MT 34 was renumbered?  The case of MT 34 renumbering it to MT 287 seems extremely odd, I'd be curious find out why that happened.

http://surewhynotnow.blogspot.com/2018/08/ghost-town-tuesdays-nevada-city-montana.html

Billy F 1988

I don't really know why MT 34 was renumberd to 287. All I know is that most of MT 287 and 41 are part of the Vigilante Trail. Corco or Andy may know more about it.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.