News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Schuylkill Parkway

Started by Tonytone, October 18, 2018, 01:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonytone

I was working in the Bryn Mawr/KOP area, and I had to drive through the Borough of BridgePort. Upon coming to the last intersection & going starting on the Schuylkill Parkway. (I've never driven here before) It just ends & traffic is forced to take the ramp that they built to the right. My question is what happened to this road that I assume was to connect to KOP & what happened to Bridgeport. Apparently the town was booming. Looking like it had trolley lines back in the day & everything. Also searching on the internet I found (Alpsroads.net) @Alps is that you? Great pictures & explanations if it is.

iPhone
Promoting Cities since 1998!

kevinb1994

Quote from: Tonytone on October 18, 2018, 01:42:47 PM
I was working in the Bryn Mawr/KOP area, and I had to drive through the Borough of BridgePort. Upon coming to the last intersection & going starting on the Schuylkill Parkway. (I've never driven here before) It just ends & traffic is forced to take the ramp that they built to the right. My question is what happened to this road that I assume was to connect to KOP & what happened to Bridgeport. Apparently the town was booming. Looking like it had trolley lines back in the day & everything. Also searching on the internet I found (Alpsroads.net) @Alps is that you? Great pictures & explanations if it is.

iPhone

PA 23 was supposed to use the abandoned Schuylkill Parkway/Goat Path Expressway west to Lancaster PA. There's a stub end there as well as well as leftovers from initial construction grading east of Lancaster. Both ends were covered in more than one road meet.

NE2

There's this: http://www.phillyroads.com/roads/PA-23/ (wait for it to load once it realizes some bullshit from magnet.traffic.com isn't coming)
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Tonytone

Quote from: kevinb1994 on October 18, 2018, 01:54:57 PM
Quote from: Tonytone link=topic=23806.msg2364111#msg2364111 date=1539884567

size=1pt] iPhone [/size]

PA 23 was supposed to use the abandoned Schuylkill Parkway/Goat Path Expressway west to Lancaster PA. There's a stub end there as well as well as leftovers from initial construction grading east of Lancaster. Both ends were covered in more than one road meet.
So they built parts of the highway & then just abandoned it without even trying to fund it again. Until recently in 2007..... but its 2018.

iPhone
Promoting Cities since 1998!

kevinb1994

Quote from: Tonytone on October 18, 2018, 06:58:09 PM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on October 18, 2018, 01:54:57 PM
Quote from: Tonytone link=topic=23806.msg2364111#msg2364111 date=1539884567

size=1pt] iPhone [/size]

So they built parts of the highway & then just abandoned it without even trying to fund it again. Until recently in 2007..... but its 2018.

iPhone

Tell me about it. That's PennDOT for ya.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.