News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Road-Related Misconseptions

Started by MCRoads, December 05, 2018, 11:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCRoads

My physics teacher was talking about car crashes, and mentioned crash attenuators, and how they're filled with WATER. They are, most of the time, filled with sand in fact.

Anyone else have friends/family/coworkers that have other misconceptions?
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

hotdogPi

Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

hbelkins

I've seen a number of them that were filled with water.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

abefroman329

Quote from: MCRoads on December 05, 2018, 11:06:52 AM
My physics teacher was talking about car crashes, and mentioned crash attenuators, and how they're filled with WATER. They are, most of the time, filled with sand in fact.

Probably because of the scene in Speed where the bus crashes into several that are filled with water, and that was probably because film of a collision with a water-filled attenuator would look better than film of a collision with a sand-filled attenuator.

kphoger

Quote from: abefroman329 on December 05, 2018, 02:36:17 PM
Quote from: MCRoads on December 05, 2018, 11:06:52 AM

Probably because of the scene in Speed where the bus crashes into several that are filled with water, and that was probably because film of a collision with a water-filled attenuator would look better than film of a collision with a sand-filled attenuator.

I heard they were filled with water back before the movie came out.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

All my friends and family think it's easy to fix a road or that Caltrans can just act on their own accord in terms of Highway upgrades. 

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.