News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Staten Island?

Started by Alps, March 15, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

I have an odd request - I need a photo at the end of the WB Exit 14 ramp from I-278 to Fingerboard Road. It's possible to get this photo without leaving the island, because the sign is right at Fingerboard - you would have to briefly get out to photo it though. Visible here behind the bus. Trying to figure out if it's a straight arrow or a right arrow without spending 12 dollars plus gas just to get there... Will consider forms of repayment such as beer or cookies.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alps

Not that one overhead - the one behind the bus to the right. It says "BAY STREET" on the top line.

1995hoo

Quote from: Steve on March 16, 2012, 09:27:28 AM
Not that one overhead - the one behind the bus to the right. It says "BAY STREET" on the top line.

When I click further back and pan it back around, it looks to me like it only says "Bay Street" but that there may be some greenout underneath that. I haven't taken that ramp since the early 1980s–my cousins used to live on Staten Island when we were kids but they moved to Bay Ridge in the mid- to late 1980s.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Duke87

Well, to get to Bay Street from that intersection, one must make a right turn, so, logically...

The presence of that sign is a bit odd, though. Traffic headed for Bay Street should have taken the previous exit marked - get this - "Bay St".

If I had nothing better to do this weekend I'd gladly run down there and take a photo (which I can do without spending any money if I use public transit), but I have other plans, so I won't be able to.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

AsphaltPlanet

Is the significance of this sign just that? That the placement of the sign is a bit odd?
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Alps

Quote from: Duke87 on March 16, 2012, 06:50:46 PM
Well, to get to Bay Street from that intersection, one must make a right turn, so, logically...

The presence of that sign is a bit odd, though. Traffic headed for Bay Street should have taken the previous exit marked - get this - "Bay St".

If I had nothing better to do this weekend I'd gladly run down there and take a photo (which I can do without spending any money if I use public transit), but I have other plans, so I won't be able to.
It definitely has some sort of arrow based on the Bing street view equivalent. I need the sign for work - there's no significant from a roadgeek perspective. BTW Bay St. from the Lower Level is fine via the first exit off the bridge, but from the Upper Level your first chance to exit is coming up to Fingerboard Rd. The question is whether you'd turn right there on Fingerboard or keep going to the wider Hylan.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.