News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What are the large pilliars about on CA 1 outside of LAX?

Started by roadman65, May 03, 2011, 06:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I noticed that there are large metal pillar like objects arranged in a circle at the  CA 1 and Century Boulevard Interchange in Los Angeles, CA on youtube videos and on google maps.  I see that they are lit up in colors at night also.  In the day time they look awful and stand out like sore thumbs.  Does anyone know what these are about?  It is some sort of sculpture thing I would say, but what is its meaning and who errected it?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

NE2

Crash barriers to keep planes from landing in the interchange.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

roadman65

Quote from: NE2 on May 03, 2011, 07:04:00 PM
Crash barriers to keep planes from landing in the interchange.

I would not be suprised for real if someone did that, after all someone in Washington thought that spending more money could help get us out of debt as well.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Tarkus

AFAIK, they're strictly decorative.  They were installed in 2000 in preparation for the Democratic National Convention.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.