News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Interstate 81 in Syracuse

Started by The Ghostbuster, May 25, 2016, 03:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

machias

I'm not sure who's messing around with the exit numbers on the I-81 in New York Wikipedia page, but it sure is a mess at the moment.  I doubt the exit before the 1000 Islands Bridge is going to be exit 65 when all is said and done.

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: machias on July 23, 2024, 06:49:00 PMI'm not sure who's messing around with the exit numbers on the I-81 in New York Wikipedia page, but it sure is a mess at the moment.  I doubt the exit before the 1000 Islands Bridge is going to be exit 65 when all is said and done.

Nope, it will be mileage-based when it's all said and done... Also, I-481's exit numbers are messed up too!
-Jay Seaburg

The Ghostbuster

So far, Google Maps has only renumbered Exit 9 on Interstate 81 as Exit 38. All the other exits on the rest of 81, Interstate/NY 481, and Interstate/NY 690 still have the old sequential exit numbers. I just checked the Interstate 81 and Interstate 481 pages on Wikipedia, and I agree they really screwed up the new exit numbers. Hopefully it will be corrected in time.

Rothman

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on July 23, 2024, 07:58:33 PMSo far, Google Maps has only renumbered Exit 9 on Interstate 81 as Exit 38. All the other exits on the rest of 81, Interstate/NY 481, and Interstate/NY 690 still have the old sequential exit numbers. I just checked the Interstate 81 and Interstate 481 pages on Wikipedia, and I agree they really screwed up the new exit numbers. Hopefully it will be corrected in time.

Wrong.  Two more exits have been switched over in Cortland County, silly man.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.