Regional Boards > Mid-South

Texas

<< < (33/42) > >>

kphoger:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on June 14, 2023, 10:40:00 PM ---The one in Wichita Falls does seem pretty epic for what is really just a "Y" interchange. I don't know why, but that single lane flyover ramp from EB Kell Freeway to EB I-44 makes me feel a little queasy when driving on it.

--- End quote ---

It made me a little queasy the first several times I drove it too, but I've finally gotten used to it.

My favorite fact about that US-277 → I-44 transition is this:  After you come down from that super-high ramp, just STAY IN THAT LANE.  You'll pass by a bunch of on-ramps and off-ramps, added lanes and lane drops.  People will be jockeying for position all around you.  But your lane will eventually just become the right lane of I-44.  No need to move out of it at all.

Stephane Dumas:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on June 14, 2023, 10:40:00 PM ---The one in Wichita Falls does seem pretty epic for what is really just a "Y" interchange. I don't know why, but that single lane flyover ramp from EB Kell Freeway to EB I-44 makes me feel a little queasy when driving on it.

--- End quote ---

A "Y" interchange who was once set for more bigger plans from what we see on these satellite shots. https://goo.gl/maps/F2nw7rwiasXBPjrE7 I guess lack of funds or protests have cancelled that project.

Bobby5280:
Yeah, Spur 447 was planned long ago as a freeway from the Kell Freeway/US-287 interchange out of the NE side of Wichita Falls. The city couldn't get all the ROW needed for the project. Four blocks to the East of the interchange were cleared decades ago the same time as all the other property was cleared for Kell Freeway. A freeway-like bridge was built over the BNSF railroad tracks on the East side of downtown.

Failure to secure the ROW needed near downtown as well as on the other side of the rail line forced them to abandon the Spur 447 freeway project. There appears to be zero hopes of reviving it either. The flyover ramps at the East end of Kell Freeway don't have any stubs for adding flyover ramps to make the interchange a full stack.

bing101:

Here is a tour of TX-225 Pasadena Freeway in the Houston area.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=BctVYifKhV4

bwana39:

--- Quote from: bing101 on June 18, 2023, 12:28:12 PM ---
Here is a tour of TX-225 Pasadena Freeway in the Houston area.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=BctVYifKhV4
--- End quote ---

Just being a pain.  The caption says Pasadena Freeway, Houston Texas. There is no such animal. It is the LaPorte Freeway from I-610 to the Pasadena City Limits (The part actually in Houston.) Then after it leaves Pasadena to the east it resumes the Name LaPorte Freeway.
As far as that goes, it is sometimes referred colloquially  as LaPorte in Pasadena as well.  It was ALL  LaPorte road before the freeway was built.

Bing, I will give you you did say" Houston Area"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version