Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

Maryland

<< < (512/520) > >>

Dough4872:

--- Quote from: epzik8 on November 23, 2023, 05:35:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: elsmere241 on November 21, 2023, 09:51:44 AM ---US 40 in Cecil County seems to have mileposts starting from the Harford County line.

--- End quote ---

MDTA definitely at least has them on the Hatem Bridge.

--- End quote ---

I don’t recall seeing mileposts on US 40 in Cecil County besides near the Hatem Bridge.

tmoore952:

--- Quote from: vdeane on November 19, 2023, 03:27:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: tmoore952 on November 18, 2023, 10:49:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: vdeane on November 18, 2023, 09:22:44 PM ---Many states have mileage for non-freeway routes reset at county lines.  Looks like Maryland is one of them.

--- End quote ---

Not true for US 50 (eastern section), US 13, or US 15, all of which I have been on in the last four months. The mileposts are cumulative for the entire state. US 13 and US 50 cross county lines within the state (US 15 does not).

With the exception of US 1 (see below), I haven't been on the other US routes (US 11 or farther west, the (very short) sections of US 222 or US 522, or US 40 where it is not multiplexed with I-70) recently enough to definitively say.

As mentioned in another post I made, US 1 north of Baltimore generally does not have mileposts with the exception of the 8 (or so) miles of the Bel Air bypass. What is occurring here is an exception, not the rule.

--- End quote ---
I said mileage, not mileposts.  Those other examples are all limited-access divided highways, so Maryland might be treating them like freeways in that respect.  I would wager that all state DOTs have some form of internal mileage system that they use for keeping track of things like data and capital projects, even if such is not posted or even completely divorced from what is posted.

--- End quote ---

Of course. I would be surprised if any county did NOT have such a system.

My point was that the mileposts only exist in this "newer" section of road. The stretch of road where these mileposts exist is also mostly limited access (not sure about the far northern end).

I thought, since I have actually driven this road many times, that I add some info that others might not be able to.

epzik8:
The new 95 express lane striping at the Big Gunpowder looks so gorgeous...

TheOneKEA:

--- Quote from: epzik8 on December 11, 2023, 08:24:59 PM ---The new 95 express lane striping at the Big Gunpowder looks so gorgeous...

--- End quote ---

I’m really looking forward to seeing how the existing northbound ETLs are tied into the new ETLs.

epzik8:
Merry Christmas from the sound-barrier-in-progress on 95 south between MMs 79 and 78...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version