News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Recent fading of billboards

Started by bandit957, October 23, 2021, 04:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Has anyone else noticed that billboards along major highways have been fading really badly lately? This is especially true of the red parts.

I noticed this a year ago, and it may be just as bad now.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

FrCorySticha

This is just a guess on my part, but I think a lot of billboards now are basically large sheets of vinyl with the image printed on them. I wonder if the ink that's used on vinyl fades or weathers off quicker than the traditional ink used on paper.

Pixel 4 XL

kalvado

I would bet on using new advanced eco-friendly soy baded ink which costs 2x, and lasts 50%of old synthetic stuff.

HighwayStar

Quote from: kalvado on October 23, 2021, 06:39:16 PM
I would bet on using new advanced eco-friendly soy baded ink which costs 2x, and lasts 50%of old synthetic stuff.

This.
Also I suspect that cost cutting on rehanging bill boards is a significant contributor to the problem.
There are those who travel, and those who travel well

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.