<< < (36/55) > >>

bwana39:

--- Quote from: Anthony_JK on October 27, 2023, 10:43:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: Strider on October 27, 2023, 09:55:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: Anthony_JK on October 26, 2023, 03:38:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: Strider on October 26, 2023, 02:50:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: bwana39 on October 26, 2023, 01:36:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: Strider on October 25, 2023, 09:49:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on October 25, 2023, 10:59:55 AM ---Good News!

--- End quote ---

Not really. As long as opposition continues... It isn't good news. Along the proposed alternatives through Shreveport, there are oppositions, so that's why Loop-It is listed as one of the alternatives. Nobody wants an interstate to go through their historic neighborhood or area.

--- End quote ---

This road is not slated to go through any part of what was historically Allendale. Regardless of the path, it would run east of that. What we have is a disused interurban rail line (disused for 60+ years) . Public housing was built adjacent to the tracks back in the 1960's.  It was all removed around 2000. In 2007 the Glover administration gave lots to the Fuller Center in the proposed path and they built housing for Katrina refugees. Later, the Glover administration gave the housing authority part of their previous land back. That is where the apartments are.  The part by the so-called Swepco Park was part of the Bottoms. The bottoms was a group of shotgun houses. They have mostly if not all removed. No one misses the bottoms. Even the gentrified term Ledbetter Heights has fallen to the wayside.  (As an aside It was St Paul's bottoms due to it being over the hill from St. Paul's Methodist Church.) Ledbetter Heights was named after Leadbelly (Hudie Ledbetter.) Leadbelly was a famous singer / musicians, but also a murderer.

I think the opposition is 10% of the people between Common and Jewella (Allendale) which is about 10% of the population of Shreveport. So about 1% of the population of Shreveport actually oppose it. Another 2-3% would oppose anything...

--- End quote ---

The idea is to have 0% opposition or else the Loop It wouldn't be listed as one of the alternatives.

--- End quote ---
Ummm.... that's not how things work.

The Loop It alternative was added to the alternatives considered as one of many alternatives conceived for the project. It will be analyzed with the same criteria and detail as the other alignments, with no preferential treatment given to it or any other proposed alignment. This is an environmental impact analysis, not a public opinion poll. The mere fact that there may be some opposition to one particular alignment as opposed to another should have only limited bearing on the criteria of whether an alignment meets the purpose and need for the project.

moto g power (2022)

--- End quote ---

Wrong. Loop It is added as one of the alternatives based on public comments AND the poll, not just because it is already one of the alternatives considered.

--- End quote ---

Really?

It was added as an alternative under orders from DOT Secretary Buttigieg, after the Save Allendale group petitioned FHWA to add it in. There was NO public opinion poll. Most Shreveport citizens outside of Allendale have said loudly they favor the central alignment.

All of the alignments will be judged equally on their ability to meet the purpose and need of the project, the ability to mitigate properly any negative impacts, and costs. Just because you don't want the central alignment personally (or that I favor it) does not mean that FHWA has to abide by your (or my) personal view. They, along with LADOTD and the people of Shreveport, will decide that based on their analysis during the EIS process.

--- End quote ---

Loop-It predated Buttigeig. It came out of a public comment meeting. I figure there was a question about what you supported at the meeting. (Public Poll). It was a poll of a packed partisan house (a poorly attended meeting with most of the few people there in opposition)... A resounding majority 20 out of 26. (just random numbers)

bwana39:

--- Quote from: sprjus4 on October 22, 2023, 01:21:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: bwana39 on October 22, 2023, 01:06:12 AM ---I disagree with the estimation of a 64' median. The street view below  demonstrates it at about half of that ...less than 35' and there are negligible inside shoulders. https://maps.app.goo.gl/rciRVxirs2au5osU7

--- End quote ---
It’s not an “estimation”. Google provides a measuring tool. It is a 64 foot median - from yellow line to yellow line - look at it from aerial imagery. The Street View perception is skewed due to the angle. If you look from the opposite side, you get a better vantage point of how large the median is.

There is more than enough room to add a travel lane and full-size shoulder in each direction, with room still leftover.

--- End quote ---

I went to Shreveport last week. You are right. ..

rlb2024:

--- Quote from: bwana39 on November 03, 2023, 11:53:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: bwana39 on October 22, 2023, 01:06:12 AM ---I disagree with the estimation of a 64' median. The street view below  demonstrates it at about half of that ...less than 35' and there are negligible inside shoulders. https://maps.app.goo.gl/rciRVxirs2au5osU7

--- End quote ---
It’s not an “estimation”. Google provides a measuring tool. It is a 64 foot median - from yellow line to yellow line - look at it from aerial imagery. The Street View perception is skewed due to the angle. If you look from the opposite side, you get a better vantage point of how large the median is.

There is more than enough room to add a travel lane and full-size shoulder in each direction, with room still leftover.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I drove 3132 yesterday from I-20 to I-49 and was surprised at how much room there was in the median -- more than I remembered.  That said, however, the road is in terrible shape and could use almost a complete rebuild.

mgk920:

--- Quote from: rlb2024 on December 07, 2023, 10:19:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: bwana39 on November 03, 2023, 11:53:19 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I drove 3132 yesterday from I-20 to I-49 and was surprised at how much room there was in the median -- more than I remembered.  That said, however, the road is in terrible shape and could use almost a complete rebuild.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I still remember seeing the live video a few years ago of a lot of stuff in the cab of Big Rig Steve's truck being seriously stirred up by a trip that he took through Shreveport, LA on WB I-20.

MIKE

Echostatic:
I-20 in Shreveport has my vote for the roughest road in the country. Doesn't matter the direction. I've been on smoother roller coasters... lots of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version