News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Roads with the same name as you!

Started by LilianaUwU, October 29, 2021, 06:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilianaUwU

Basically what the title says.

First off, in my case, there's a few streets named Liliana, such as Liliana Terrace in Oregon, WI and Liliana Way in Pittsville, TX.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Bruce

TheHighwayMan3561

I actually don't think I've ever seen a Patrick road. I don't have any particularly strong attachment to my name, though, so maybe I saw one and didn't really care.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Max Rockatansky

There is a couple with my real last name in Virginia, Pennsylvania and Maryland.  No shock considering that is where most of Dad's side of the family settled from England.

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 29, 2021, 07:41:53 PM
There is a couple with my real last name in Virginia, Pennsylvania and Maryland.  No shock considering that is where most of Dad's side of the family settled from England.

Makes sense. There are a few streets with my last name in my hometown, and this is true of many families there.
—Mr. Thwomp

jeffandnicole

Both my last name and my wife's maiden name are street names one block apart in Trenton.

dlsterner

Can I include the road's suffix in my answer?

My first name is David; many people call me Dave.  I grew up in the Florida panhandle, and on Eglin Air Force Base there is a series of avenues named after the letters of the alphabet.

So there is a street there with a sign blade that reads "D AVE", which my childhood self thought was pretty neat.

Being on an active military installation, obviously no Google Street View imagery to share of the sign.

Bruce

Quote from: dlsterner on October 29, 2021, 09:02:48 PM
Can I include the road's suffix in my answer?

My first name is David; many people call me Dave.  I grew up in the Florida panhandle, and on Eglin Air Force Base there is a series of avenues named after the letters of the alphabet.

So there is a street there with a sign blade that reads "D AVE", which my childhood self thought was pretty neat.

Being on an active military installation, obviously no Google Street View imagery to share of the sign.

You could head over to Anacortes, WA for this sign: https://goo.gl/maps/ZtJsk7hChtDMG4YDA

NWI_Irish96

Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

hbelkins

There are a few Elkins roads/streets/etc. in various places. There also used to be an HB Place in West Liberty, Ky., but the street was removed.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Skye

Surprise to find there is a Skye Dr (same spelling as me) in Independence, KY just about 30-45 minutes from where I live in Cincinnati

interstatefan990

Of course, Interstate 990 in Amherst, New York!

Multi-lane roundabouts are an abomination to mankind.

kurumi

There's a Kurumi Road in Nigeria: https://goo.gl/maps/yN8jaBSmURsw52fu6

And a Kurumi Bridge in Niigata: https://goo.gl/maps/NcuDQ51HJwJaBZ6R9
(In red: No thru traffic ahead; on sidebar: Echigo Golf Club)
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

TBKS1

I'm very doubtful there's any with my forum name (or even close to it other than like 1st Street or Highway 1), there's plenty with my real name though, including one that's not very far south of where I live.

Google Street View kinda warped this image but you get the idea. (Google Street View)
I take pictures of road signs, that's about it.

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

GaryV

My wife grew up on a road with the same name as her last name.  Could have had something to do with the fact that her ggg-grandfather was the original settler of the area ...

tolbs17

dgolub

I haven't yet been there, but there's Golub Hill Road up in the Catskills.  Also, my great uncle (of blessed memory) had a sign that marked his driveway in Poughkeepsie as Golub Alley.

Mr. Matté

Quote from: TBKS1 on October 30, 2021, 12:46:38 AM
I'm very doubtful there's any with my forum name (or even close to it other than like 1st Street or Highway 1), there's plenty with my real name though, including one that's not very far south of where I live.

Is that style of street sign blade common in Arkansas? I used to be a regular on the Howard Stern subreddit and found/posted a street in Searcy, AR with the name "Scott Salem Road," sharing the name with the show's Scott the Engineer (kch). That sign was the same type of yellow on green text.

Re:thread, no road names in my area with my full or even last name, probably a lot of Matthew/Matt streets around though in McMansion developments. My professional engineer license number however is a concatenation of two South Jersey freeways' numbers though.

jlam

My first name is Joseph (most people call me Joe.) There are likely many street names with my name, in one way or another. In Fort Collins, CO, there is a road with my first name, and very closely my second (Alan.)
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.5527758,-105.0416087,3a,75y,303.51h,88.17t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sy1vPd3KZzPH4-jGf_09Wjw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

1995hoo

Vancouver, BC, has separate streets bearing my first name in plural form (that is, my first name with an "s" on the end), my middle name, and my last name. I was rather struck by that when I noticed it on street signs when we visited the city.

My father grew up three blocks from a street in Brooklyn with our family's last name. Perhaps more bizarrely, his first year at UVA Law he lived in an on-Grounds residence with that name. (Didn't live there the next two years because he and my mom got married and lived off-Grounds.) Some 23 years later, I had the chance to live in the same building but passed in favor of a place with better access to parking.

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on October 29, 2021, 07:37:49 PM
I actually don't think I've ever seen a Patrick road. I don't have any particularly strong attachment to my name, though, so maybe I saw one and didn't really care.

There's a Patrick Street in Alexandria, Virginia. It's a paired one-way street with Henry Street. The two go together (making up US-1) in honor of colonial leader Patrick Henry.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

JayhawkCO

allniter89

There's a Patrick Rd in Ft Walton Beach, FL. Do u want a pic?
FWIW Patrick is my Confirmation name, it's a Catholic thing. I don't use Patrick at all, I go by Mike or allniter my cb handle.
Also I was born St Patricks day, March 17 @ 17:17 thats 517pm in military time.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

TBKS1

Quote from: Mr. Matté on October 30, 2021, 10:17:40 AM
Quote from: TBKS1 on October 30, 2021, 12:46:38 AM

Is that style of street sign blade common in Arkansas? I used to be a regular on the Howard Stern subreddit and found/posted a street in Searcy, AR with the name "Scott Salem Road," sharing the name with the show's Scott the Engineer (kch). That sign was the same type of yellow on green text.

Yes it is, that's the standard in Saline County (where that road is located).
I take pictures of road signs, that's about it.

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

LilianaUwU

Quote from: allniter89 on October 30, 2021, 01:19:50 PM
There's a Patrick Rd in Ft Walton Beach, FL. Do u want a pic?
FWIW Patrick is my Confirmation name, it's a Catholic thing. I don't use Patrick at all, I go by Mike or allniter my cb handle.
Also I was born St Patricks day, March 17 @ 17:17 thats 517pm in military time.

I'm assuming 17 is a lucky number for you?

On a related note to the topic, I'm pretty sure there are a few streets named Mike/Michael.
—Mr. Thwomp

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.